Pocahontas of the Powhatan : 3D animated, era specific leaderhead.

City list:
Powhatan
Orapaks
Warrasqueoc
Nepawtacum
Pamunkey
Aubornesk
Chesapeak
Mohiminge
Werowocomoco
Sockobeck
Gangasco
Chincoteague
Acquack
Matchopick
Pawcocomac
Quioucohanock
Accossuwinck
Muttamussinsack
Wecuppom
Pastanza
Nantapoyac
Kapawnich
Acconoc
Chesakawon
Meyascosic
Rappahannock
Oquomock
Shamapa
Mutchut
Uttamussac
Rickahake
Tantucquask
Mattanock
Anaskenoans
Cawwontoll
Werawahon
Appomattoc
Kerahocak
Mamanassy
Potomac
Ottachugh
Waconiask
Matchut
Assuweska
Papiscone
Nawacaten
Maysonec
Pasaughtacock
Rightkahauk
Appocant
Chiskiac
Winsack
Massawoteck
Paspanegh
Namassingakent
Moraughtacund
Kiequotank
Powcomonet
Quackcohowaon
Mamanahunt
Aureuapeugh
Wicocomoco
Pungoteque
Nechanicok
Mantoughquemec
Cuttatawomen
Arrohattoe
Nansemond
Poruptanck
Secacawoni
Utenstank
Cinquack
Attamtuck
Machapunga
Ozatawomen
Nawnautough
Paumncoroy
Chawpo
Weanoc
Tauxenent
Mattacock
Checopissowo
Ozenic
Paspahegh
Matomkin
Nameroughquena
Pamawauk
Cinquoteck
Askakep
Martoughquaunk
Pissasec
Ritanoe
Quiyough
Skicoak
Poykemkack
Chiconessex
Mouanast
Nantaughtacund
Uttamussamacoma
Mensakunt
Teracosick
Secobeck
Piankatank
Mokete
Cantaunkack
Onancock
Roscows
Potaucao
Mathomauk
Assaomeck
Capahowasic
Pissacoac
Opiscopank
Cattachiptico
Kupkipcock
Mangoraca
Onawmanient
Peccarecatuek
Matomkin
Poyektauk

Great military leaders:
Kocoum
Opechancanough
Parahunt
Essenataught
Weyhohomo

Great scientific leaders:
Wahunsonacock
Opussoquionuske
Ashuaguid
Pochins
Ottahotin

Favourite government:
Republic

Shunned government:
Fascism

Build preferences:
Offensive land units, workers, happiness, culture

Traits:
Industrious, Religious

Unique unit:
Pamunkey brave

This is Kinboat's Grizzly warrior. It replaces the Medieval infantry, having 2 movement instead of 1 and iron is not required to build it.

*Please note that all the settings above, and the UU, are merely suggestions I'm making - it's how I've set up the Powhatan in my personal mod :) .

Civilopedia entry:
#RACE_POWHATAN
^The Powhatan are $LINK<industrious and religious=GCON_Strengths>. They start the game with $LINK<masonry=TECH_Masonry> and $LINK<ceremonial burial=TECH_Ceremonial_Burial> and build $LINK<Pamunkey braves=PRTO_Pamunkey_Brave> instead of $LINK<medieval infantry=PRTO_Medieval_Infantry>.
^
^
^The Powhatan are a confederacy of Virginian Algonquian tribes. Their territory included the tidewater section of Virginia from the Potomac to the
divide between James river and Albemarle sound, and extended into the interior as far as the falls of the principal rivers about Fredericksburg and Richmond. They also occupied the Virginia counties east of Chesapeake Bay and possibly included some tribes in lower Maryland. In the piedmont region west of them were the hostile Monacan and Manahoac, while on the south were the Chowanoc, Nottoway, and Meherrin of Iroquoian stock. Although little is known with regard to the language of these tribes, it is believed they were related more closely to the Delawares than to any of the northern or more westerly tribes, and were derived either from them or from the same stem. Brinton, in his tentative arrangement, placed them between the Delawares and Nanticoke on one side and the Pamptico on the other.
^When first known, the Powhatan had nearly 200 villages, more than 100 of which are named by Capt. John Smith on his map. The Powhatan tribes were visited by some of the earliest explorers of the period of the discovery of America, and in 1570 the Spaniards established a Jesuit mission amongst them, which had but a brief existence. Fifteen years later, the English settlers at Roanoke island became aware of the southern tribes, but little was known of them until the establishment of the Jamestown settlement in 1607. The Indians were generally friendly until driven to hostility by the exactions of the whites, when petty warfare ensued until peace was brought about through the marriage of Pocahontas to John Rolfe, an Englishman. A few years later, the Indians were thinned by pestilence and in 1618 Powhatan died and left the government to Opechancanough. The confederacy seems to have been of recent origin at the period of Powhatan's succession, as it then included but 7 of the so-called tribes besides his own, all the others having been conquered by himself during his lifetime.
#DESC_RACE_POWHATAN
^
^
^Opechancanough was the deadly foe of the whites, and at once began secret preparations for a general uprising. On Mar. 22, 1622, a simultaneous attack was made along the whole frontier, in which 347 of the English were killed in a few hours, and every settlement was destroyed except those immediately around Jamestown, where the whites had been warned in time. As soon as the English could recover from the first shock, a war of extermination was begun against the Indians. It was ordered that three expeditions should be undertaken yearly against then in order that they would have no chance to plant their corn or build their wigwams, and the commanders were forbidden to make peace upon any terms whatever. A large number of Indians were at one time induced to return to their homes by promises of peace, but all were massacred in their villages and their houses burned. The ruse was attempted a second time, but was unsuccessful. The war went on for 14 years, until both sides were exhausted. The greatest battle was fought in 1625 at Pamunkey, where Gov. Wyatt defeated nearly 1,000 Indians and burned their village, the principal one that existed at the time. Peace was made in 1636.
^Peace lasted until 1641, when the Indians were aroused by new encroachments of the whites, and Opechancanough, then an aged man, organized another general attack, which he led in person. In a single day 500 whites were killed, but after about a year the old chief was taken and shot. By his death the confederacy was broken up, and the tribes made separate treaties of peace and were put upon reservations, which were constantly reduced in size by sale or by confiscation upon any slight pretense. In 1656
(or thereabouts) the Cherokee from the mountains invaded the lowlands. The Pamunkey chief with 100 of his men joined the whites in resisting the invasion, but they were almost all killed in a desperate battle on Shocco creek, Richmond. In 1669 a census of the Powhatan tribes showed 528 warriors, or about 2,100 souls, still surviving, the Wicocomoco being then the largest tribe, with 70 warriors, while the Pamunkey had become reduced to 50.

I haven't even been able to download this leaderhead yet and I'm already in love! I've been planning a Civ variation in which 'Americans' represent all the Euro-American exploration and colonization efforts, both historical and legendary (Phoeniceans, Celts, Vikings, etc) and a replacement for the Iroquois (Anasazi are probably the most ancient?) represent North Amerind society. I may not know who the Amerinds will be, but I think I know who the leader will be! Top Credits! :goodjob:

I like her a lot even though I haven yet seen her in action. I'm especially happy with your efforts as a hair stylist. Guess I'm into slightly messed hair. :)

OH MY GOD! THIS SUCKS! I HATE IT! I CAN'T BELIVE IT! Classes START TODAY! AUGGH! Oh Man! This SUCKS!

Oh, Pochohontas r0x0rz my s0x0rz, though

Dom Pedro II said:
Memories of what? Conquering the Virginia coast? How old are you? :D
:lol: Nice one. I think though he meant something form school. I remember studying something about her.

I love the leaderhead, great work. :goodjob:

But well worth the wait...

Thanks for all the positive comments :goodjob: !

The download link is now available - @Zulu: please try to remember that Thunderfall and I live at opposite sides of the Atlantic. He tends to come online and sort out the links after I've gone to bed. Hence, it can be some hours between uploading and providing a link. At least when you see my preview, you know it's going to be available within 24 hours ;) .

@Dom Pedro II/Tjedge1 - Sword_Of_Geddon was refering to the Native America Mod, which we both worked on earlier in the year when he said, "This brings back memories."

I'm afraid I don;t have much use for the Powhattan, even though I like this leaderhead.
I might incorporate her as an Algonquian leader though.

R8XFT said:
@Dom Pedro II/Tjedge1 - Sword_Of_Geddon was refering to the Native America Mod, which we both worked on earlier in the year when he said, "This brings back memories."
I see. I wish I had made more time to play that mod. For some reason I downloaded it when it was buggy and never tried after a crash to play again. Someday I'll have to go back and download those fixes and then fix anyother I come across, if any. I remember being really excited about it. My mod is just so time consuming.

Top Bottom