1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Poland? Am i doing it wrong?

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by Mochi_Bun, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Mochi_Bun

Mochi_Bun Chieftain

Am i doing it wrong?
    When playing Poland it never feels good whichever path i take (economy focus early or conquest early).

Don’t take it wrong, i mean finishing UHV or sacking neighbours are not a problem, but compared to other civ (you can steamroll anything basically) it felt sluggish. Even merchant civs like genoa/venice/dutch feel powerful.

Same is true for Novogord but their problem mainly come from crap hammer cities (riga is the only thing good happened to Novogord and will flip VERY SOON, requires you to take it back facing stacks of teutonic knights).

cmakk1012 likes this.
  2. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Its true. I have the same issue, i think its the same as novgorod. Not enough hammer without health problems. Only decent city is krakkow, by far.

cmakk1012 likes this.
  3. 8ha8ha

8ha8ha Chieftain

No stone in Poland area to defend the Mongol, should I destroy Bohemia?

4. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

While I agree that Poland and Novgorod are not as steamrolling as some other civs, I usually feel it's the other way around:
    In general, most civs are easier to play as they should be.

5. Mochi_Bun

Mochi_Bun Chieftain

Nah, just guerilla the golden horde in wooded hills area with armored lancer/knight and spearman. Sometimes with a good start you dont even got pillaged

6. Mochi_Bun

Mochi_Bun Chieftain

Yes, my intention with this post was just checking whetever i’m doing poland wrong or there is some tactics i didnt know but in fact many people feel the same, so its all good lets move on.

I agree with your assesment, if everybody in central europe is too strong, playing as denmark and prussia will be a nightmare.

gilgames likes this.
  7. 8ha8ha

8ha8ha Chieftain

Playing Denmark is already a nightmare IMO, too weak compared with Sweden

8. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

Nah, if you settle Brandenburg right at the beginning you can have a strong enough military to beat Sweden. The real challenge with Denmark is keeping the horrendously unstable Kalmar Union together.

9. 8ha8ha

8ha8ha Chieftain

I found that it would be better to settle Upper Hungary ASAP in order to get much more resource. No need to worry about stablity actually.

cmakk1012 and gilgames like this.
  10. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

thats actually very intriguing strategy :)

11. 8ha8ha

8ha8ha Chieftain

It is because you can't go east before the end of Mongol attack. You may get the west Lubeck and South Upper Hungary(it's also the 2nd mission request), or even go north with ship.
    Stability is not a big problem before you go east.

12. 8ha8ha

8ha8ha Chieftain

Actually IMO Poland is very strong for UP(especially the Abbey can't be used to change religious tolerance at next version) and UB. The main problem is Poor Land. So please feel free to get it from the unsettled land.

13. Mochi_Bun

Mochi_Bun Chieftain

Very interesting indeed. i used to grab german or england's area. Will try your strats later.

14. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

Oh, wait, you’re talking about settling Upper Hungary as Poland? I thought you meant as Denmark :crazyeye:

That’s a good strategy for the former, yes, especially because of how strong Hungary gets later on. Another option is to declare war on them early and take the land, but then you have culture stability issues