Policy changing exploit mess (flawed mechanics)

Wr4ith

Chieftain
Example 1:

You built 6th farm and triggered eureka for feudalism in the middle of your turn. You are able to change policies then, ilkum doesn't go obsolete as it should, you are able to keep ilkum and serfdom at the same time (not sure if first one is really working). Next turn, you have to change ilkum because it went obsolete (policy card is blank). In sum, you are able to change policies twice while you discovered only one civic. You can use both policies for workers at the same time (one turn only) and can change serfdom next turn after all your workers are up with 5 charges.

Example 2

You discovered feudalism in normal way. You must changed obsoleted ilkum. You must wait with serfdom until next discovered civic.

In my opinion thats nice exploit and flawed mechanic.

Along with the fact that every time you discover new government type you are allowed to change civics THEN change gov and take new civics. There are more policies like serfdom, surveyors, raid, sack, which give bonuses on action (not income bonuses, given at the end of the turn). You are able to get benefits from them, then take income bonus policies.

Another strange mechanic is the way how units combine into corp or army. No matter which unit has moves left, which has more % exp bonus. Unit with more exp absorbs another unit. Always. You can attack without any fear of suicidal positioning, if you have more experienced brother unit nearby who can magically pull out reckless warriors.

The first one doesn't have a big impact, you might get a 30% production bonus for 1 turn and a free policy change. But the mechanics are indeed a mess.

The 2nd one I didn't know about. Yet another way to exploit the game I guess. I don't like it.

Top Bottom