Polish Food or British Food

Wrymouth3

Emperor
Is British food better than Polish food? You know it had to be asked :o. I really wonder if there is someone on CFC who can defend Black Pudding, because it might be the vilest thing ever besides 90% of Polish food.

I wouldn't want to live in a world without fish n' chips or kielbasa & bagels. I've never had Black Pudding.

And if we can lift our gaze to the UK of the 21st-Century, then we can get into their Asian foods. I'm not certain, but I might actually kill for chicken tikka masala.

I might be biased, but it'd be hard to beat krokiety, paczki, pierogi, bigos, barszcz, etc.

What qualifies as British food? I only ever have "British fare" when I'm in British pubs. So I assume actual British food is a bit different. I know that British breakfasts come with beans but that's about it. Oh yeah, and bread pudding isn't actual pudding but the other type of "pudding".

Anyway, Polish food probably wins, because I'm Polish. I don't trust people who dislike 90% of all Polish food though. That tells me that they tried at least 90% of all Polish foods, which is a bit nutty.

Here's a photo of Krokiety & Barszcz, it is probably my all-time favourite Polish dish:
Spoiler :

It's essentially a meat&spices filled crepe, fried, served with spicy beet soup (with the beets taken out, so you can drink it from a mug)

Poland cannot into food ! (except for pieogi, though i prefer my dumpings smaller)

What's wrong with a slice of tomato with your eggs? What I don't understand is the beans.

A cheap source of protein ?
I find it strange the British Breakfast is all deep fried, eggs, sausage, bacon, blood pudding. It cant be good to have this every day

No, but it isn't a total loss. If I'm looking for a main course, I'll probably choose Polish, something involving pierogies or kielbasa. Even though Polish isn't among my favorite cuisines (versus Italian, Thai, Mexican, Indian, Greek, etc.). However, if I'm looking for something with afternoon tea, a scone or a crumpet would go quite well. Which reminds me, I should buy some crumpets.

In any x food vs british food, x food wins.

Fish and Chips
Meat pies
Are the two British staples foods we often have in Australia and I would consider decent eats

A cheap source of protein ?
I find it strange the British Breakfast is all deep fried, eggs, sausage, bacon, blood pudding. It cant be good to have this every day

A fatty breakfast can be great early morning fuel that doesn't weigh you down. No idea about the healthiness aspect of it, but from my personal experience eating a lot of carbs for breakfast makes me feel worse.

The Brits lose everything for serving a slice of tomato with breakfast. WTF do I want a plain ass slice of tomato for? Keep that. Make a sauce or something for dinner with it.

Zkribblers like the tomato...and British bacon is worlds better than American bacon. :thumbsup:

Isn't black pudding a monster In D&D?

Top Bottom