Political Cartoons XII: Car Companies Collapse and Swine Flu Shenanigans

Okay, looking at these cartoons, I just want to say something to those of you reading this.

No one got tax cuts from the tax deal. Not the rich, not the poor, no one.

What happened is that the Bush tax cuts were extended, not increased or decrease. Anyone who tells you the tax deal got a tax break for the rich is seriously misinformed.

True, but the tax cuts themselves were a tax break for the rich, so...

I admire your Robin Hood ideals, but tax increases for the reach is not so much "steal from the rich to give to the poor" as it is "steal from the rich to give to the useless government do-good program".

I admire your Robin Hood ideals, but tax increases for the reach is not so much "steal from the rich to give to the poor" as it is "steal from the rich to give to the useless government do-good program".

That useless program keeps 18% of Americans fed and housed. :rolleyes:

That useless program keeps 18% of Americans fed and housed. :rolleyes:

Those 18% are not even obligated to pay any sort of income tax. That burden lies heavily on the top 5% of earners, who pay half of the nation's taxes and provide the most jobs. Yet for some reason, there are those few who still demonize the wealthy.

Those 18% are not even obligated to pay any sort of income tax.

If you make no income, your income cannot be taxed. There's nothing to tax.

Living isn't free, they earn too little to live independently.

Or they just need to lower their standard of living. In America, you can own multiple vehicles, a television, a radio and other luxuries and still be considered too "poor" to feed your family.

My original point was our nation and our government can not function without the sacrifices the wealthy give. They pay a disproportionate tax rate, and that tax revenue pays for the ridiculous amount of welfare our government throws down the drain. And what do they receive in return? Blame, ridicule, and widespread feelings of animosity.

Many wealthy people draw attention to themselves, are extraordinarily extravagant, and spend money only on themselves. That welfare helps millions stay on their feet, and not starve in the richest country in the world.

Top Bottom