Political pressure

aguaacrobata2

Chieftain
I find it really strange when, late in the game, all my neigbouhrs have different governments and blocks with same type of gevernments are really hard to form, and when they do they consist most of the times of civs pretty far from each other.

Looking at the real world and it's history and, specially in modern times, the types of government tend to cluster and "breake" the world in political zones around a geopolitical center (capitalist in the west around the US, communist in the east around the USSR, fascist in central europe around Nazi Germany, with obvious exceptions, like Cuba, Japan...).

What about expanding the current pressure mechanics from religion and loyalty to government politics? How would this work?

Well maybe the "Political Favour (PF)" (apart from its role as a currency or for a Diplo Victory) could exert some pressure in neigbhouring civs with less PF, forcing them to change its government (or face constant menace from revels if they don't), favouring the creation of regional blocks (around the civ with the biggest amount of PF, the Diplo Power) and enhancing the impulse to accumulate PF. This mechanichs would be more relevant once we approach the modern times, so it's force could increase over the different government tiers.

Just an idea to be pulished out... I am not a modder but maybe a mod could address this...

What do you think?

In Civ5, a civ could politically influence other civs through tourism, and culture was the defense against outside influence. I really liked how this was included, and maybe it might work on Civ6 again.

I posted somewhere that I would like to see the leaders being more politically sensitive at the end of the game. They could form alliances more easily with other leaders who follow the same government and be quite hostile to leaders who do not follow the same government, and wars would be quite communal. I think this might be the best way to have political blocs, where giant blocs would wage wars against other giant blocs, and the influence of civilizations with a lot of tourism could encourage internal revolutions in civilizations with little culture.

But, of course, there should be strong changes in the current system of government, change of government would have heavy penalties (anarchy, by period of time) and more political cards restricted to certain governments. But this should be boosted at the end of the game, I do not see reason of leaders strongly sensitive to political differences in the beginning or middle of the game.

Exactly. At the end of the game there is some sort of government-type-sensitivity when relations with other leaders are affected when both have different type of governments (and it may also lead to denounces) but I believe it is too simplistic and can be enhanced with some sort of Political Mechanic... In fact the creation of blocs around a political centre adds up a Power Mechanics that I believe is missing in the game.

This can affect Tourism as well, as weaker civs near the political centre that are affected by political pressure and forced to align their government-type to that of the Great Power will now share a type of government, boosting thus tourism between them.

Top Bottom