Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel Sergio

Warlord
Now this is what supposed to be poll for First Look and hasn't been spoiled yet

Selection that you think very least possible is for formality and for whom think it will be coming next week

Thank you

My guesses for the remaining four civs, as of today, are:
  • Ottomans
  • Mali (or another African civ)
  • Inca
  • Georgia
That's also the order I think they'll receive First Looks.

Last edited:
My bet is on a Saharan Civ next week; most likely Mali, but with possibilities for Ghana or Morocco.

EDIT: My four picks are:
- Mali (or Ghana/Morocco)
- Inca
- Ottomans
- Venice (or Italy/Georgia)

Last edited:
I primarily expect the Ottomans (again. I feel like I've been expecting them next week for the last month). Also, notably we haven't seen a Renaissance time period (not technology level) leader yet. And it seems time for one.

Classical: Chandragupta, Celts? or Carthage?
Medieval: Korea, Mongols, Georgia?
Renaissance: Ottomans?, Inca? Italy?
Industrial: Cree
Modern: Netherlands

Voted Middle east for Ottomans.

My 4 picks since the start of first looks:

- Ottomans
- Incas
- Mali
- Kilwa

Although with knowledge of Zanzibar still being city state, I guess I have to replace Kilwa with Italy or Georgia as likely candidates cause of the intro movie.

I also am going with Ottomans in the Middle East (which I assume Anatolia is included within)

Sorry to hijack this a bit, it seems like I miss a certain piece of info, but why is everybody so sure that ottoman is in this XP? Is there evidence beyond their historical importance and their past appearance in the series ? I don’t seem to find anything related to them in the trailer ...

I primarily expect the Ottomans (again. I feel like I've been expecting them next week for the last month). Also, notably we haven't seen a Renaissance time period (not technology level) leader yet. And it seems time for one.

Classical: Chandragupta, Celts? or Carthage?
Medieval: Korea, Mongols, Georgia?
Renaissance: Ottomans?, Inca? Italy?
Industrial: Cree
Modern: Netherlands

Sorry to hijack this a bit, it seems like I miss a certain piece of info, but why is everybody so sure that ottoman is in this XP? Is there evidence beyond their historical importance and their past appearance in the series ? I don’t seem to find anything related to them in the trailer ...

Nothing concrete. Speaking for myself, they simply feel too important to leave out any longer. They're in the tier of civs just beneath the "big" ones (the big ones being civs like China, France, Egypt, Russia, India, England, Rome, etc). Either a vanilla civ, granted there's room, or one that appears pretty quickly after release. I can't see them being put off to the next expansion in any case.

Edit: also what @Eagle Pursuit said beneath my post. My mind blanked on that reasoning.

Last edited:

It's just the balance of probabilities. They are likely to only be doing 2 expansions and no more DLC, based on past behavior. The Ottomans and Byzantines are series staples, but never appear in the same expansion. And since the Byzantines are less likely now, due to the revelation that Antioch is a city-state, it puts the Ottomans in the realm of likelihood.

I've noticed that, so far, expansion civs announced have not had overlap as far as "world regions" go, so my mind goes to the next one being Africa.

Following that theme, I chose Sub Saharan Africa, expecting the Zulu.

Ottomans I guess could still fit the theme.

It's just the balance of probabilities. They are likely to only be doing 2 expansions and no more DLC, based on past behavior. The Ottomans and Byzantines are series staples, but never appear in the same expansion. And since the Byzantines are less likely now, due to the revelation that Antioch is a city-state, it puts the Ottomans in the realm of likelihood.

I'm hoping there's a third expansion or more DLC. :cry: There's still so much more Civs they could add.

1. "Cover Art" has Turkish style minarets AND rock formations (fat fairy chimneys) found in the Cappadocia region of Turkey. (I realize the Chateau Frontenac sighting is somewhat counter to this logic)
  2. Ottomans -or- Byzantine were almost a lock due to size, location, historical significance etc, and due to certain other anecdotal information (City State sighting) Byzanine looks doubtful
  3. Ottoman Janissary UU is already in game (Poland DLC) and just "makes Sense" to fully rationalize it (although the lack of Gold as a base game resoruce runs counter to this logic)
It's similar, but to me even stronger, then the feeling that Inca are going to be in this XP.

...as a side note, do we suspect gold will be added to the base game (like bison / CivV) in RF?

...as a side note, do we suspect gold will be added to the base game (like bison / CivV) in RF?

No, they mentioned 3 new resources. We suspected one might be gold, but it turned out to be amber. The others are olives and some kind of sea resource that is probably turtles.

No, they mentioned 3 new resources. We suspected one might be gold, but it turned out to be amber. The others are olives and some kind of sea resource that is probably turtles.

Well, technically gold would not be new. It's in the game already, just restricted to a scenario. There's a chance it gets added to the list of other luxuries that can spawn in a random game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom