1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] [POLL] 9th January First Look : Region / Culture that will covered

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Gabriel Sergio, Jan 2, 2018.

?

Region / Culture that will be covered

Poll closed Jan 9, 2018.
  1. West European Civ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. East European Civ

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. South European Civ

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. North European Civ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Caucasian Civ

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  6. Middle East Civ

28 vote(s)
    36.4%
  7. Mesopotamian Civ

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. Sahara African Civ

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  9. Sub Saharan Africa Civ

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  10. East Asian Civ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Central Asian Civ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Southeast Asian Civ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. North America Native Civ

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  14. South America Native Civ

18 vote(s)
    23.4%
  15. Mesoamerican Civ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Post Colonial Civ (British)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Post Colonial Civ (Spanish / Latin)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Post Colonial Civ (Others)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Oceania Civ

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  20. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

You'd think that people with the Australia DLC would have gold enabled in the base game. I think it's emblematic of what annoys me about Civ6:

In the Really Big Stuff, I think they nailed it in Civ6. I finally broke down and started playing it and I've put a couple hundred hours in over the holidays.

But in the Really Small Stuff, it's just loaded with incomprehensible choices, like building on coasts being a Very Bad Idea, Wonder production carry-over (which @Victoria discovered does exist, only... it doesn't work if you don't stop the wonder the turn before you lose the wonder race), France's CdM hating on you for not having spies... in the classical age... the Warmonger penalties being so severely over the top that you're instantly hated if you take a city in a defensive war, and then the "Cede"/"Occupied" nonsense.

2. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Looking through the geographical lens seems to help with this expansion.

Leader 1: South Asia
    Civ1: Europe
    Civ2: East Asia
    Civ3: East Asia
    Civ4: North America

With that, I don't think we'll be getting any more Asian civs in this expansion. North America tends not to get a ton of attention (compared to other regions) so I think the next civ won't be from there. South America is a contender, especially as it would make the game geographically diverse for TSL (a stated goal of civ consideration) but with North America getting a civ here makes that somewhat less likely. Africa is still somewhat empty and hasn't been touched upon in this expansion, so they are more likely to get some representation. The middle-east is in the same situation. While Europe has a ton of representation, both in vanilla, DLCs, and this expansion, they are a popular pick for new civs, so there's that to look out for. Oceanic or post-colonial civs typically aren't likely, but may be a wildcard. In nay case, here are my predictions for the next few civs (in no particular order):

Civ5: South American (Inca, Argentina is less likely due to Brazil's presence)
    Civ6: African (west or north African, less likely east or south)
    Civ7: European (east or south European) OR Middle-Eastern (Ottomans or other Anatolia civ) OR a mix (Byzantium would fit very well with the rise and fall theme)
    Civ8: European (east or south European) OR Wild-Card (anybody's guess, Canada maybe? :mischief:)

ChocolateShake likes this.
  3. Vahnstad

Vahnstad Chieftain

Buenos Aires is already seen as a city-state, so if we have a South-American civ and it's not the Inca's, it could be Muisca or Colombia.

4. Leathaface

Leathaface Chieftain

That is what i'm thinking as well.

5. Absolution

Absolution Chieftain

Voted for Middle East, meaning Palmyra.
    But seeing that it's the leading vote, I fear some voters included Georgia in there instead of in the Caucasus.

6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I think that most people who expect Georgia to be added also expect it to be revealed later. Most of those voting for the middle east are expecting the Ottomans

Vahnstad, CPWimmer and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  7. slyone14

slyone14 Chieftain

I have my own personal hunch or theory/quess. Based on the first 3 reveals being from past civ games and Cree being the first wildcard civ. I think the remaining 4 civs will also be wildcards.

I think they are wanting to add new civs that fit the expansion. Furthermore, if they were adding Ottomans and Incans, I believe they would have done one of those reveals this week and the other next. Then, throw Cree and the Wildcards.

Being they threw Cree now, I see a trend of continuation. I could be wrong but I can't see anymore previous civs being added to this expansion. They will look towards revenue and the rest will be wild cards from regions left out.

8. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Gold is also enabled with the Nubia DLC; it's found in the Nubia scenario.

9. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.