Poll about intelligent life outside Earth

Do you believe that intelligent life exists outside of Earth?

• No, we are alone in the universe.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Maybe life, but probably not intelligent life.

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Yes, but we're too far apart to ever meet.

Votes: 71 62.8%
  • Yes, and they've visited Earth before.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Yes, and they walk among us! (Astronauts excluded!)

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Probably Radioactive Monkeys are out there.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Of course! How could that big flying potato you call 'Moon' be up there?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I vote that it is not worth worrying about.

I voted:

Yes, and they've visited Earth before.

I couldn't pick:

Yes, but we're too far apart to ever meet

because it sound to definitive that we'll never, ever make contact with 'them'.

In my own opinion, there is sentient life out there and I hypothesise that Earth, if not the entire Solar System, is treated as a "preserve" or "natural habitat", for their safety and our own. Perhaps they've been here, under stealth (not publicly visible in UFO's) and have ascertained that we, as a species aren't ready to make contact with them. So rather then them ruin our civilisation at a time in humanity's infancy, they have cordoned off an area of space as a "no-go" area.

Then again, they may be so faraway that they haven't spotted us yet, or still again, there could be hundreds of races around us, but are forbidden from making contact. :p

Probably yes, but too far apart to ever meet.

Yes, but your poll is lacking. There is a huge, gaping hole between "Yes, but we're too far apart to ever meet" and "Yes, and they've visited Earth before" that needs to be filled with "Yes, and maybe in thousands of years, we may make contact." Guess I'll go with we're too far apart since I do not think they have been here.

Yes, but they are too far to meet. And the timescales involved will probably mean we will never meet. I don't believe that the human race will keep expanding and expanding. I think we will too become stagnant, and decline. Maybe not go extinct.

Probably, but too far to meet. And I don't mean in just distance. They could be so very different from what we conceive of as life that we probably wouldn't recognize them, or even notice each other...

I voted for 'yes, but we''l never meet'. But I would have voted 'yes, and we might eventually meet' instead-if that choice existed. Why doesn't it?

Reasonable enough chance to call the "missing link" or "creationism" manipulation by a more advanced society.

Just seems foolish to think we're alone.

I have nothing to do besides making the first post of every thread.

1,935 posts ?!?
damn, that requires practice!

I'm not so convinced there is intelligent life ON Earth...

...starting by you! it's in EARTH, not your (tiny) head!

OK, i've just guaranteed myself an infraction, could you dear moderator add only one point? :mischief: i'm answering the same way he posted!

nothing personal warpus... ;)

I voted:

I couldn't pick:

because it sound to definitive that we'll never, ever make contact with 'them'.

In my own opinion, there is sentient life out there and I hypothesise that Earth, if not the entire Solar System, is treated as a "preserve" or "natural habitat", for their safety and our own. Perhaps they've been here, under stealth (not publicly visible in UFO's) and have ascertained that we, as a species aren't ready to make contact with them. So rather then them ruin our civilisation at a time in humanity's infancy, they have cordoned off an area of space as a "no-go" area.

Then again, they may be so faraway that they haven't spotted us yet, or still again, there could be hundreds of races around us, but are forbidden from making contact. :p
That sounds like a star trek thing, isn't it?
I voted Yes, and they walk among us! (Astronauts excluded!). WHy not where else can they see species exploit the world for the few??

I know you are joking, but . . .

Maybe your baseline for defining intelligence is too high?

Well, I use the turing test.

So far everyone except my mom has failed.

garbageinhere said:
..starting by you! it's in EARTH, not your (tiny) head!

OK, i've just guaranteed myself an infraction, could you dear moderator add only one point? i'm answering the same way he posted!

nothing personal warpus...

probably won't get an infraction, but you will get $@&slapped if we ever meet.

Top Bottom