• Pizza

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Spanish

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
Anyway, a nice local dish, based on spinach:

^The only (afaik originally) Greek food which still exists here as a popular dish and is based on spinach would be the so-called "spinach rice", which is (surprise) spinach mixed with rice and some sauce. I like it, but it can get very boring fast. But once a month it would still be a good meal in my view :)

May be a Slav thing.
In Yugoslavia -which had Pizza places during the Cold War because South Slavs are Best Slavs- they used proper tomato sauce, but you'd usually get a bottle of ketchup for the table.
Last time I had pizza in Bosnia (2012) they were still doing it.

When I was in Kosovo there was usually a bottle of ketchup on the table at restaurants but I always just assumed it was for french fries. Little did I know... :shifty:

Anyway, a nice local dish, based on spinach:
Looks awful. They tried to make it look better for putting the branch of some christmas tree in it. But nope.

Talking about bad looking food:

Yes, the honeycomb looking thingies are bits of intestine.

Last edited:
You wanna see something that looks bad (but tastes great) ? Try some andouillette

Fish and chips are tasty, but that is really a fast-food, not anything needing an actual person who knows what they are doing.
And other than fish and chips, i am not sure if anything is readily identifiable as "english food". I mean... beef/steak is a food type, not an actual recipe.
Same with uni meals, eg:

Which are just random junk, badly cooked (which is a feat in itself, given it doesn't take much skill to fry an egg or what passes for a sausage -- the beans and the tomatoes are terrible as well) ;)

There are a bunch of traditional meat pies in British/Irish cuisine. Corned beef and cabbage is also an old time meal
Looks awful. They tried to make it look better for putting the branch of some christmas tree in it. But nope.

Talking about bad looking food:

Yes, the honeycomb looking thingies are bits of intestine.

No, they likely are not. Usually the honeycomb looking stuff is tripe which is made from chopped pieces of cow stomach. I will, on occasion, have menudo which is made using the honeycomb tripe. The black sauage in that picture is probably blood sausage, the other sausage looks like kielbasa, and it all appears to be in a tomato based broth.

BTW intestines look completely different from the homeycomb tripe. Just FYI.

Which are just random junk, badly cooked (which is a feat in itself, given it doesn't take much skill to fry an egg or what passes for a sausage -- the beans and the tomatoes are terrible as well) ;)
You heathen, how dare you malign a full English Breakfast :)

Traditional British food is my favourite after pizza.

Traditional British food is my favourite after pizza.

Do you like BDSM by any chance?

Voted for middle eastern option.

Cambodian and Malaysian blows Chinese and Japanese out if the water. You're all heretics.

There are a bunch of traditional meat pies in British/Irish cuisine. Corned beef and cabbage is also an old time meal

No, they likely are not. Usually the honeycomb looking stuff is tripe which is made from chopped pieces of cow stomach. I will, on occasion, have menudo which is made using the honeycomb tripe. The black sauage in that picture is probably blood sausage, the other sausage looks like kielbasa, and it all appears to be in a tomato based broth.

BTW intestines look completely different from the homeycomb tripe. Just FYI.
Didnt see this post. Yep. You are right and i was wrong. It is stomach.

I would like to throw Georgian food into the ring. It is a fusion of Mediterranean, Turkish and Slavic kitchen. In Georgia there is a bright variety of climatic zones, so many kinds of vegetables are native to their kitchen. E.G. it is said that the cultivation of winegrapes originates from that area.

I once went on vacation to Scotland. We had a free cooked breakfast every morning at the hotels. At first it was great, after a week or so, my stomach felt so heavy, and I was desperate for something not greasy, even porridge done the Scottish way (with salt)!!
I'm not sure what is the most unhealthy breakfast, a full cooked English breakfast or an American breakfast (toasted bagels and doughnuts)!
The worst breakfast for me is a motel continental breakfast, a sad looking croissant and a small yogurt, oh boy!

There's French cuisine and there's 3rd world food.
Duck. (L'orange).

Satay burger, onion sausage and fries.

Spoiler Fry up. :
IMG_20200704_181956.jpg

Sort of a fusion between UK fish and chip shop, NZ fry up and Malaysian.

I'm not sure what is the most unhealthy breakfast, a full cooked English breakfast or an American breakfast (toasted bagels and doughnuts)!
I would venture to say that American breakfast is less healthy, but not so much for the food as what you do afterwards. You can eat a full English breakfast and then go off to spend ten hours in a factory hitting bits of metal with a hammer, but a breakfast of donuts doesn't prepare you for much except sitting down until lunchtime. The former isn't good for you, but we can imagine a lifestyle to which it is appropriate, but the latter, not so much.

Top Bottom