Poll: Bring back the wonder movies

Do you want the wonder movies back? How about animated advisors?

• No, it's stupid and I want all money put on gameplay.

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Yes, I miss both and demand that Firaxis do this!

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Give my my wonder movies but the advisors can take a flying leap.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Animated advisors are good, but I only watched the wonder movies once, so don't bother.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Scripts are good, animations are better. One or the other is necessary.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Why do you guys keep posting polls?

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

rcoutme

Emperor
I posted a thread for bringing back the wonder movies. Others suggested they wanted the animated advisors also. One thought I had was that some of this could even be done by script, i.e. just have more animated descriptions.

movies have this impersonal feeling...but the advisors aaaah I love to hate them...

What they said.

D'oh!!!
This poll is really lame.
Since it's about visual experiences, the choices should be related to movies, graphics, animations and stuff like that.

Why is gameplay in a movies poll? :mad:

Gameplay is being used here to describe all the other features that could be added to the game rather than movies...

Beloyar said:
D'oh!!!
This poll is really lame.
Since it's about visual experiences, the choices should be related to movies, graphics, animations and stuff like that.

Why is gameplay in a movies poll? :mad:
:smug:
I added gameplay in this poll because in the thread I originally started, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=85980, many of the nay-sayers believed that adding more visual and audio experiences would come at the expense of Firaxis taking away resources from gameplay and software development.
:wallbash:

rcoutme said:
:smug:
I added gameplay in this poll because in the thread I originally started, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=85980, many of the nay-sayers believed that adding more visual and audio experiences would come at the expense of Firaxis taking away resources from gameplay and software development.
:wallbash:

And you were gullible enough to believe them. Would you also believe that your monitor will burn out if you play too many movies on it? It will! Trust me.

Dell19 said:
Gameplay is being used here to describe all the other features that could be added to the game rather than movies...

This is what the poll asks: "Do you want the wonder movies back? How about animated advisors?" Compare that to what you just wrote.

The choices in the poll should have been quite simple: Yes or No.
The rest of this mumbo jumbo only disqualifies the poll and rigs its results. Not that I really care, but I hope some people will see.

Imagine a world where there is a finite amount of time, you can either develop new movies or not. In this case the not option is represented by improving other areas of the game (gameplay). Animated advisors is just a side part to the poll.

Imagine a world where publishers give developers a certain fixed amount of time and money to develop a new game based on sales projections...now open your eyes and you are now in this world.

Dell19 said:
Imagine a world where there is a finite amount of time, you can either develop new movies or not. In this case the not option is represented by improving other areas of the game (gameplay). Animated advisors is just a side part to the poll.
I can imagine some girl left her brain at home in a jar, but the fact remains that the poll's title and choices are misleading and have an alternative agenda. :rolleyes:

Moderator Action: Warned for flaming and threadjacking.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

• No, it's stupid and I want all money put on gameplay. 7 31.82%
• Yes, I miss both and demand that Firaxis do this! 6 27.27%
• Give my my wonder movies but the advisors can take a flying leap. 4 18.18%
• Animated advisors are good, but I only watched the wonder movies once, so don't bother. 2 9.09%
• Scripts are good, animations are better. One or the other is necessary. 2 9.09%
• Why do you guys keep posting polls? 1 4.55%

From these results, it appears that the biggest group supports only gameplay. However, it's the opposite! Those who support either movies or advisors or both comprise 14 votes (63+%), which is twice as much as the 7 (31+%) who want only gameplay. :cooool: This is just a cheap attempt to divide the "opposition" - those who want improvements other than gameplay - and present gameplay supporters as the biggest group.
:ar15::aargh: -gameplay shmayplay

So far it looks like some sort of wonder movies/advisors are desired by >50%. Btw, I started the poll and do want wonder movies. In fact, I started a different thread stating precisely that. I am savvy enough (and I would hope Firaxis is also) to look at the % of people who voted no, see that it is in the 30% range and realize that people, so far, on the whole want some type of reward (other than a small picture) for building a great wonder.

Beloyar said:
I can imagine some girl left her brain at home in a jar, but the fact remains that the poll's title and choices are misleading and have an alternative agenda. :rolleyes:

Great someone who can't look past an avatar... :rolleyes:

Clearly you cannot add all the votes together as they are voting for different things since the "Animated advisors are good, but I only watched the wonder movies once, so don't bother." option clearly does not support having movies...

Dell19 said:
Great someone who can't look past an avatar... :rolleyes:
Clearly you cannot add all the votes together as they are voting for different things since the "Animated advisors are good, but I only watched the wonder movies once, so don't bother." option clearly does not support having movies...

:shakehead The poll's question: "Do you want the wonder movies back? How about animated advisors?" asks if you want movies, animated advisors, both or neither. The choices should have been:
1. Both
2. movies
3. advisors
4. niether

But the choices given had an extra option that doesn't belong to this topic at all.

Here's an example:
Poll: Elect George W. Bush or John Carry.
Choices are:
1. Bush
2. Carry
3. Screw them both, we want gameplay

Can you see past the clouds now, avatar girl?

1. Neither (Gameplay instead)
2. Only Movies
3. Only advisors
4. Both
5. Some other random option...
6. the other option.

Man obsessed with a big gun?

3.Screw them both
BTW IMHO&IIRC polls like the ones presented here are meant to be qualitative indicators of "the will of the people" and are not meant to stand up to quantitave scrutiny, because then only people with high qualifications in demographics should be permitted to submit polls
IMHO polls like this can suggest certain TRENDS
Generally for a more thorough investigation I would use the following route
Open a thread and let it run...
Study it and make a poll
Study the poll and determine the trends
If you need clarifications PM the people who answered(not only voted) to the poll
Make a new more specific poll(although the poll settings are very limited in this forum.
Study the new poll
If still unclear repeat
Publish the results and dug for dear life if a decent statistician is amongst the readers
Tedious? Probably
Does it work? I will say yes, keeping in mind that you get what you ASK for, and there is not a perfect way to ask...
OTOH avatar psychoanalysis seems to be a much more interesting subject....
(immature person who likes badly drawn boats)

Garbarsardar.jr said:
OTOH avatar psychoanalysis seems to be a much more interesting subject....
(immature person who likes badly drawn boats)

:lol:

So polls can't be used as a certain prediction of what everyone thinks? :mischief:

Top Bottom