Votes: 4 16.0%
  • WW1

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • WW2

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Given the variance in personalities, I'd say that a scenario with players as the General Staff rather than the nations is far more likely to strangely duplicate WWI (or, given what I've learned about WWII, that too) than go off in entirely different directions. I can see it now:

ENTENTE
- General Insane_Panda: A French Army General who specializes in esprit de corps.
- etc.
CENTRAL POWERS
- General "WMD" Stalin006: A German Army General specializing in chemical weaponry.
- etc.

Toukon style could be complicated. We haven't had a decent WW2 NES in a while. Lets stick to that and use some special rule for nuclear weapons.

How about we do something like Generals ZH like Toxin General, Demolition General, Superweapon General and so on and on....

ToukonNES, however, saw some... more surprising appointments (alex994 in charge of the French army, if I recall correctly, and Stormbringer as either Hindenburg or Luddendorf - don't remember which one exactly). Sadly it died before we could see how it would play out, but the Germans basically attacked in all directions, and Italy joined them too.

I would love to be a General of the german army in a WW1/2 nes. Maybe a slight alternative history to give way to even game play.

Or we could do a made up war. In the end of the 19 century. 1895-1908 era.

das said:
ToukonNES, however, saw some... more surprising appointments (alex994 in charge of the French army, if I recall correctly, and Stormbringer as either Hindenburg or Luddendorf - don't remember which one exactly). Sadly it died before we could see how it would play out, but the Germans basically attacked in all directions, and Italy joined them too.
Actually he was an overall commander with me and someone else being frontline generals. I was in charge of defence of Warsaw and that battle never saw action :cry:

Darkening should do something simple: something he can mod and we could still play. You know why I say that...

I'm pretty much going to go with the highest number of votes by either thursday or friday of next week. I actually like the idea of it and I would be willing to do a ToukonNES, but I'd appreciate a link to it or something.

~Darkening~ said:
I actually like the idea of it and I would be willing to do a ToukonNES, but I'd appreciate a link to it or something.
Ask and thou shall receive.

Actually he was an overall commander with me and someone else being frontline generals.

I was overall Russian commander, you were in charge of Polish defense, and Toteone was in charge of bungling the Black Sea campaign.

das said:
I was overall Russian commander, you were in charge of Polish defense, and Toteone was in charge of bungling the Black Sea campaign.
:p
I knew you knew that I knew....

So Darkening what is it going to be?

I'm gonna go with either WWI or WW2 ToukonNES-style nes. Only thing is to choose which one it'll be.

das said:

How was that surprising? I mean, my approaches matches the French army perfectly!

I do support a Toukon type nes, but perhaps this isn't the best time? With school and etc looming? :(

I would be very pro-ww1 NES with generals. Though it'd be cool if there was a confederacy in it again :p

If not, I'd want a german General, though I'd come up with a name and specialty later, probably moblity.

I would be very pro-ww1 NES with generals

It appears that its going that way ;].

I do support a Toukon type nes, but perhaps this isn't the best time? With school and etc looming?

Eh, I'm a night owl anyway, so updates wouldn't be a prblem for me. Anyways, updates would only be around once every ten days (a week and a half).

Though it'd be cool if there was a confederacy in it again

I'm going to be basing it off Stalin's, but I'll change somethings up.

Eh. I might start on the rules either tomorrow or saturday, as nothing comes close to WWI, but I'll begin work definitly by monday. The actual NES should be up by middle-late september- I'm not rushing anything.

PREVIEW: DARKNES

Basically rules have been taken from Stalin's old Toukon NES, with a few things modified here and there by me. Offficial credit goes to Stalin as I've yet to hear back from him.

THE GAME.
This nes goes a very different path from the common ones. It is designed to be an all military nes out there.
The Game itself will cover the scenario of the Great war of 1914 (give and take a different american apperance and other details.)
Something different about the nes is that you are not the leader or driving spirit of a nation, you are either the commander in chief of the overall forces, or a field marshal of an specific front.

THE PLAYER:
There are 3 different entities in each nation, the head of state, the commander in cheif and the field marshals.

The Head of state:
An NPC position
These are the Czars, Kaisers, Sultans, Kings, Prime Ministers and Presidents in the nes. But they are not controled by an actual player, remaining NPC. Only they can do diplomatic negotiations (such as peace proposals and the such). This means that a player cant ask for peace, his job is that of having made enough military victories so that a good peace agreement can be achieved!.

The Commander in chief:
A Player position
These are the Generals on top of the food chain. And for Nes purpuses they are the 'leaders' of the nation. They are in charge of the command of all military forces in the country. Commanders in chief can only have strategy related diplomacy with commanders of other allied nations. Commanders in chief cant declare war either, but they will be informed by the head of state (me sending you a PM) of an impending declaration of War. Similarly peace treaties cannot be accepted, however heads of state will commonly take the opinion of the commander in chief seriously.

A commander in chief can promote (or even fire) Field Marshalls. A CIC is easily the most powerful position, as if the man is accredited with enough vitcories he can easily sway the opionon of an undecided leader. A CIC will be responsible for coordinating fronts and wars.

The Field Marshals:
A Player Position
Some nations have two or even 3 fronts, historically The commander in chief has a number of senior Generals under him to help manage the war. A field marshal is very similar to the commander in chief eccept that he has only a selected number of units under his control. Nations can have any number of field marshals, but to be one, only the Commander in Chief Player has the power of accepting you to join under his nations command!.

THE WAR IN THE GAME:
Every update is equal to 3 weeks. There are two views in the game. The overall map view and the tactical battle view.

The Overall map view is what everyone is used to. All military units are present and are represented by numbers. a 1 represents 10,000 men, a 2 represents 20,000 men and so on.
(notice that armies that get really close together will tend to merge, but you can divide it as you wish)
(also notice thar armies include artillery, recon planes, and that good stuff)

The Tactical Battle view.
When two large forces meet in the same spot (or when it is strategically important), the udpate will also include a detailed view of the battlefield, army positions of both sides, capabilities, etc etc.
The player in charge of those units will then plan accordingly for victory in those important battles.
Note that Battles commanded by Field marshalls gain an offensive/defensive value.
Note that a battle might not be finished by the next udpate, so i may post an update in the map and battle too.

THE NAVY AND AIRFORCE.
The navy works out similar to the army, numbers represent the power (not size) of the fleet.
For game purpuse, a fleet can carry an army that has an equal or smaller number. Example, a fleet w/ a number "5" can carry equal or less than an army number '5'.
Do note that a 1 = a fleet, and a 1 = a fleet inside the safety of a port.
Submarines work differently and ill update the rules when subs do appear.
Armies have levels of training and equipment, these are increased upon events (go to events)
Armies that are not moving or havent move, receive a bonus on defence.

The Airforce during this time is neglible, and so will be considered part of the army, working primarily as reconossance. there are several ecceptions. (Go to 'events')

Now you are thinking.......
"YEAH YEAH...... but how much to build armies!?, hows the economy grown?, do i have research stuff like subs and planes?. good mods put this at the top of the rules!."

Well...... you dont. You are not the head of the nation, you are just a simple military commander. Therefore you dont have to worry about economy, research, education, culture or production at all.
This is done automatically and most efficiently as historically possible.
New Armies and fleets will appear on the map automatically (location where armies were recruited or ships built). once they appear on the map, they are yours to control and that is it. Most likely you will receive new troops every turn.
For the rest go to 'events'.

EVENTS:
War Declarations: Some nations start neutral, and what side choosen will not be decided by the player, but the head of state. you will receive a PM concerning this for you to prepare.

Mobilization: Upon completing war mobilization, your nation will field a large number of men and several armies will be raised. After mobilization is complete, you will continue to get new armies (in a much smaller scale tough) every turn.

New Technology development: When time is ripe (actual historical date, or logical/realistic) your nation will be able to build or use new forms of weapons. (you cant 'encourage' these events to happen faster, so dont bother asking). This includes upgrading training and equipment upgrade.

Those would be the first events seen, and common, but there will be several kinds of events in which the players have choices. Most events will result on how the war is going in combination of individual decisions and the plots of the players stories. (most events are historical, not resulting from story-making.)

STORIES?!
Stories are very very encouraged, but not necessary. however those that write stories will have more fun considering the fact that they will receive more interesting events than those that do not.

HOW TO SEND ORDERS!~
instead of having everyone sends their indivual orders, I will have the field marshal player send their orders to the commander in chief so theres one PM of orders per nation. I expect a map for every set of orders since the nature of the nes demands it.(also, you dont have have to listen to the commander in chiefs over all strategy if you are a field marshal, do what you think is best)

HOW TO JOIN!~
To join as a commander in chief look for the nations that are open and do not have a commander in chief already.
To join as a field marshal, contact the commander in chief of the nation, is their decision to let you join, not mine.
Cant join NPC closed nations
Upon joining, please make up a REALISTIC name for your character of commander in chief or field marshal, historic is recomended.

altough you can always wait, i am pretty sure half of the players that reserved nations will drop out faster than france in ww2.

remember not to join if you are busy or on too many neses already.

go check out
www.firstworldwar.com
remember that some stuff like tanks, gas and subs are not appearing at least until their historical date.

I'll be basing this on the Toukon series, with a slight few changes occuring here and there.

Nations

You can choose a smaller one if you wish, but expect to be overrun after a turn or two.

Allied Powes
Great Britain
Prime Minister Henry Asquith
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

France
Prime Minister Rene Viviani
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Russia
Tsar Nicholas II
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Serbia
King Peter I
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

The United States of America
President Theodore Roosevelt
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Central Powers

Germany
Kaiser Wilhelm II
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Austria-Hungary
Emperor Franz Josef I
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Ottoman Empire
Sultan Mehmed V
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

The Confederate States of America
President William R. Lee
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Neutral

Spain (Neutral)
King Francisco Villareal
Commander-in-Chief
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Mexico (Neutral)
President Porfidio Diaz
Commander-in-Chief
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Portugal (Neutral)
King Horaciao Mensia II
Commander-in-Chief: (CLOSED)
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Belgium(Neutral)
King Albert I
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

The Netherlands (Neutral)
Prime Minister:
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Sweden (Neutral)
Prime Minister:
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Norway (Neutral)
Prime Minister:
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Denmark (Neutral)
Prime Minister:
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Bulgaria (Neutral)
Tsar Ferdinand I
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Montenegro (Neutral)
King Nicholas I Petrović
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Greece (Neutral)
King Constantine
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Romania (Neutral)
King Ferdinand I
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Greater Union of California (Neutral)
President Henry Fredrickson
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Switzerland (Neutral)
Prime Minister:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Italy (Neutral)
King Vittorio Emanuele III
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Republic of Texas
President Jason T. Wagner
Commander-in-Chief:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Field Marshall:
Mobilization status:
Military Training :
Military Equipment

Basically right now I'm accepting reservations and ideas (if anyone wants to contribute.)

Top Bottom