(Poll) Do you build an aqueduct for cities that have access to fresh water ?

Do you build an aqueduct for cities that have fresh water playing on immortal or deity ?

• I build an aqueduct regardless of the appeal of the tiles city covers/will cover and tile yield

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Only if there is an average tile available to do it like plains or grassland without hills

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Only if there is a below average tile available to do it like tundra or desert

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I build an aqueduct only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 6(breathtaking)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 6 and the tile is average

• Only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 6 and the tile is below average

• I build an aqueduct only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 5 or 6(>=charming)

• Only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 5 or 6 and the tile is average

• Only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 5 or 6 and the tile is below average

• I build an aqueduct only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 4, 5 or 6(>=average)

• Only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 4, 5 or 6 and the tile is average

• Only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 4, 5 or 6 and the tile is below average

• I build an aqueduct only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 3 or above(>=uninviting)

• Only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 3 or above and the tile is average

• Only if the city won't reach a tile with an appeal of 3 or above and the tile is below average

• I NEVER BUILD AN AQUEDUCT FOR CITIES THAT HAVE FRESH WATER

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • Only build them as Rome

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I ticked sometimes as Rome, but even that's situational.

More often than not, the only reason I'll build an aqueduct to a river is when I purposely settle one tile out, either because of overlap from a nearby city, there's no wheat/rice, or there's a tile I really want to work.

Last edited:
The aqueduct should give some food (+2) and amenity (+1). Clean and fresh water from the mountains is better than river water and it is a luxury goods.

If I do, it's only for the eureka for military engineering. So it depends on the circumstances.

Rarely, but I guess it happens sometimes if I don't have anything particularly urgent to build and it's a city with a lot of food but currently housing capped and I don't want to wait for any alternative solution to the problem. But only if it doesn't take up any otherwise valuable tile in the process (like a grasslands/plains/flood plains river tile for example). Also you can at least build one just for the Military Engineering boost if you want

Rome is an exception of course

I sometimes build them, sometimes not. It really depends on the situation at the time.

If I have a need for housing and it seems like a good investment, I will build them.

I usually don't since it is usually easier to use other improvements, buildings or policies. Housing issues tend to resolve themselves over time.

Top Bottom