Poll: Favorite Civilization game

What is your favorite civilization game?

• Civilization I

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Civilization II

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Colonization (1998)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colonization (2008)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Civilization III

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Civilization IV

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • Civilization V

Votes: 52 34.4%

• Total voters
always a good question :)

but seriously, perhaps it has changed a bit in favor of civ 5

4, and no it hasn't. I expect when the poll has closed if enough people have seen it, and not just those who regularly visit, for 1 and 2 to poll significantly well, if only for nostalgia reasons.

BTW I picked 4.

4, and no it hasn't. I expect when the poll has closed if enough people have seen it, and not just those who regularly visit, for 1 and 2 to poll significantly well, if only for nostalgia reasons.

BTW I picked 4.

I believe (just pulling this out of my tail) that Bob was referring to the cf community as a whole, given how many Civ V critics have likely given up on the game and the cf community.

No his post is basically hoping that people have been fooled by the latest patch into believing that the game is good (or at least playable).

cIV closely followed by Civ II.

Still wish cIV would have had the Peat resource though. :(

I like Civ 5 but it is broken right now. Perhaps after they release 2 expansions and patch the last one up to 3.19,:)rolleyes:) will be as much fun as Civ IV.

For now, I voted Civ IV, but I like the concept behind Civ V.

I think that Civ II and III were exellent for their time, and I really liked the one that you could transfer food between cities.

I believe (just pulling this out of my tail) that Bob was referring to the cf community as a whole, given how many Civ V critics have likely given up on the game and the cf community.
Actually, it's more the other way around. Fans have been insulted out of the community, only daring to go to few areas, while radical critics buzz around and spam the same old things in GD.

Actually, it's more the other way around. Fans have been insulted out of the community, only daring to go to few areas, while radical critics buzz around and spam the same old things in GD.

Well then why are most of the threads in the Civ 5 section either pro-game, or people discussing gameplay. These are not typical results for a forum where the antis are in control.

But then again you have repeatedly shown that when baseless propoganda will do as well for your pov you'll ignore the objective truth.

Fact of the matter is that over the first six months of game release, the game has been thoroughly and rightly panned for many things including, bad mechanics, incoherent design, being a buggy mess as regards code, and being so unfaithful to the fans of the series that it was sold on a pack of outright lies. And now we've seen, as far as the makers are concerened, bringing out a broken game, which does not do what it says on the tin, is to be declared a success. So now the most of the people who have been rightly angry about the lazy excuse for a product have gotten sick of pointing out the myriad flaws and gone back to doing something more productive, e.g. playing Civ 4 again, playing new interesting games, having lives,etc. yet you are still here trying your hardest to denigrate us, simply because you cannot accept others differing from you, especially when they have the weight of evidence at their backs.

yet you are still here trying your hardest to denigrate us, simply because you cannot accept others differing from you, especially when they have the weight of evidence at their backs.

"you should stop attacking people for their opinions. Also, my opinion is the correct one so go away"

Voted for the next best (CiV) because the best wasn't on the list, Civilization Test of Time I think it was called (the one with multiple maps). My choice of CiV was because I like it and never liked SoD.

"But then again you have repeatedly shown that when baseless propoganda will do as well for your pov you'll ignore the objective truth."

"yet you are still here trying your hardest to denigrate us, simply because you cannot accept others differing from you, especially when they have the weight of evidence at their backs. "

""you should stop attacking people for their opinions. Also, my opinion is the correct one so go away" "

I'd like to see some quotes to prove your theory that I am a complete and total *-hole that can not accept that other people have their own opinion. Really, I would like to see some quotes, please. I'm completely bewhildered. What the? I'm speetchless. Astonished.
To my knowled I have been strictly against that, and have tried to state to people that fit into your description that "they should stop attacking people for their opinions".
Apparently you consider "It's a matter of oppinion! Just because you hate the game doesn't mean that all others are either idiots or aggree with you". as "my opinion is the correct one so go away" et cetera.

V is imho the best, just unpolished. All these small changes make the difference. hex tiles, 1upt, no tech trading, no road spam, no slider. I like.

I'd like to see some quotes to prove your theory that I am a complete and total *-hole that can not accept that other people have their own opinion. Really, I would like to see some quotes, please. I'm completely bewhildered. What the? I'm speetchless. Astonished.
To my knowled I have been strictly against that, and have tried to state to people that fit into your description that "they should stop attacking people for their opinions".
Apparently you consider "It's a matter of oppinion! Just because you hate the game doesn't mean that all others are either idiots or aggree with you". as "my opinion is the correct one so go away" et cetera.

Do a search of your own posts, the vast majority in the Civ 5 part of the forum of them have been attacking others for holding opinions contrary to your own. If you don't like being pulled on it don't do it.

Top Bottom