poll: how much ice do you put in your drinks?

KevinLandwaster

Chieftain
This is for iced drinks like sodas and iced tea. Let's assume it's not free refills, but you are getting your own ice and drink from the dispenser. A good example is a gas station or 7-11.

Let me be a little more clear: what percentage of the cup do you fill with ice before dispensing the soda? 1/2? 1/3? 100%? or what?

None. Gotta maximize the money I spent, yo.

(Unless it's like a super warm day or something, then a little gets put in)

I can only remember having to do that like once (didn't use any ice then)

On gas stations and 7-11s I've only ever seen bottled soda so this sounds a bit odd

Only a tiny bit. When I use drive thru's, I always ask for easy ice - otherwise you get 90% ice in the cup.
On gas stations and 7-11s I've only ever seen bottled soda so this sounds a bit odd
You have inferior gas stations and 7-11's and you should feel bad.

When I'm making a drink at home, I use lots of ice and I even have these giant ice cube trays for it.

I can only remember having to do that like once (didn't use any ice then)

Really? You've never heard of the "big gulp"? This is the sole reason a lot of people go to a 7-11, to get a gigantic iced soda for less than a dollar.

Max ice. Like up to the brim but not too full so that I can't put the plastic top on. Of course I generally only drink water so I'm not really missing out on anything.

You have inferior gas stations and 7-11's and you should feel bad.

Dispenser soda sucks tho
Really? You've never heard of the "big gulp"? This is the sole reason a lot of people go to a 7-11, to get a gigantic iced soda for less than a dollar.
In all my life I've only ever seen one store item that cost less than a dollar.
It's a small candy thing

None. Gotta maximize the money I spent, yo.

(Unless it's like a super warm day or something, then a little gets put in)

That's kind of why most of these places have 32 and 44 ounce cups, because people tend to fill it half-way with ice.

Dispenser soda sucks tho

In all my life I've only ever seen one store item that cost less than a dollar.
It's a small candy thing

Most gas stations' 32 ounce sodas are 79 to 99 cents - even today in 2016. This price point, oddly, has been the same since the 1980s.

No caffeine in the ice. So no ice.

If you like dispenser soda all your opinions are invalid and that's just fact

So nobody does a standard half ice half soda here? The idea is to get just enough ice to keep the drink ice cold without sacrificing too much volume for the actual beverage. Am I really the odd one here?

No ice.

Weirdo.

Spoiler :
;)

So nobody does a standard half ice half soda here? The idea is to get just enough ice to keep the drink ice cold without sacrificing too much volume for the actual beverage. Am I really the odd one here?
How slowly do you drink?

I dunno, whatever I get served

It's probably around 20 %, maybe a bit less

there's always ice left by the time I'm done

Top Bottom