Poll: is the "leaked" list of leaders real?

Is the list of leaders real?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A picture of Eleanor, supposedly, "leaked" by Cool Gamer on the YT stream...

https://imgur.com/kRsFtE5

He also "leaked" this slightly different list of leaders, which I'm less convinced by than the picture:
sweden (kristina), hungary (matthias corvinus), inca (pachacuti) , ottomans (suleiman), mali (mansa musa), maori (kupe), phoenicia (dido), canada (laurier) + alt leader eleanor (fra/eng)

I doubt this leak is real

A picture of Eleanor, supposedly, "leaked" by Cool Gamer on the YT stream...

https://imgur.com/kRsFtE5

He also "leaked" this slightly different list of leaders, which I'm less convinced by than the picture: sweden (kristina), hungary (matthias corvinus), inca (pachacuti) , ottomans (suleiman), mali (mansa musa), maori (kupe), phoenicia (dido), canada (laurier) + alt leader eleanor (fra/eng)
Phoenecians lead by Dido is really weird. It's kinda like making Catherine the Great the leader of Germany.

sweden (kristina), hungary (matthias corvinus), inca (pachacuti) , ottomans (suleiman), mali (mansa musa), maori (kupe), phoenicia (dido), canada (laurier) + alt leader eleanor (fra/eng)

Seems more credible than Noongar and the 3D art looks legit.

He/She is also claiming there will be a 3rd expansion.
This would make sense. Babylon has been in since the first civ, and Portugal, Byzantium, Carthage, and the Maya have been in since the third civ. That leaves room for 3 new civs and 1 new leader.
We've never seen a 3rd expansion for a civ game IIRC though.

Also I PMed the hungarian guy yesterday asking for more leak info. He said he'll send me art on wednesday. If it turns out to be legit i'll post a link to it here.

Also I PMed the hungarian guy yesterday asking for more leak info. He said he'll send me art on wednesday. If it turns out to be legit i'll post a link to it here.
He is playing his chances. If whatever they maybe release today doesnt contradict him, he can go on.

This would make sense. Babylon has been in since the first civ, and Portugal, Byzantium, Carthage, and the Maya have been in since the third civ. That leaves room for 3 new civs and 1 new leader.
We've never seen a 3rd expansion for a civ game IIRC though.

We never had small dlc before Civ V though. I don't think 2 expansions is an unwritten law at Firaxis. If they think a 3rd expansion will sell I expect they will make it.
There seems to be a trend for gamemakers to look at ways of making money from games between major releases nowadays.

Cool Gamer also apparently posted this:
https://i.imgur.com/UQA3tY5.png
EDIT: The lack of an Indigenous Australian Civ in his leak (Which would be sure to be controversial no matter how well it was done)and the 3d art he apparently posted makes me trust him more than some random reddit poster who has posted zero art and may just be making stuff up.

EDIT: The lack of an Indigenous Australian Civ in his leak (Which would be sure to be controversial no matter how well it was done)and the 3d art he apparently posted makes me trust him more than some random reddit poster who has posted zero art and may just be making stuff up.
That looks like Kristina of Sweden.^^ Science-civ sweden? :O

From Wikipedia:

Christina is remembered as one of the most educated women of the 17th century. She was fond of books, manuscripts, paintings, and sculptures. With her interest in religion, philosophy, mathematics and alchemy, she attracted many scientists to Stockholm, wanting the city to become the "Athens of the North."

Mhrm...

Interesting, there seem to be questions about her sexuality, including the theory that she may have been intersexual.
Looks like an LGBT+ candidate? :D

Last edited:
That's definitely Christina of Sweden.

Now I wonder which religion they'll pick for her seeing how she was a protestant but later converted to Catholicism.

Replied in the other thread but, yes, I think the leak is more credible. The fact that we're watching this as a time lapse makes the "Time and Tide" title sound very plausible indeed.

I've been in the "yes" camp for a while, but hoping to be proven wrong. This is not helping!

ETA: I hope we'll be getting another expansion, but considering that would be a first for the Civ series, I'm really not sure that we will. I think DLC packs are probably out since you have the issue of getting Civs to work with multiple versions of the game (vanilla, R&F, Expansion 2), and they never released any DLC after R&F's release.

I’m not hopeful about getting another expansion. If the next expansion has a World Congress, then I think there’s no chance. And an expansion focused on Natural Disasters and the end game sounds awful like an expansion that will have a World Congress.

More dlc? Well, slightly more hopeful. One possible approach would be to release dlc which just focuses on a few new leaders, wonders and or units, and maybe even scenarios, and then use that to do some serious patching. There won’t be any compatibility issues them, although given they’re then not getting paid for the patching the amount of new content made available in terms of mechanics would be limited. The feasibility would depend on how well they think leader pack dlc sell and or how buys there art team is.

I don’t think not getting dlc post RnF militates against dlc now. FXS and art team would have been flat out with the second expansion post RnF. They might now have a little more free time.

I also think certain big names missing from the next expansion might suggest we could get dlc, as they might have saved some big name leaders to drive future dlc sales.

I mean. I know they say Alt leaders are for modders, but they seem like a good way to drive sales right? It seems sales are driven a little by certain countries being Civs - eg Rome because “everyone” wants to play Rome or America because Americans (and others) want to play their home country / the US. Alt leaders surely lets FXS hit those same people up again - why wouldn’t they do that.

I suggested before that England, China and the US should get Alt leaders. I have some gameplay reasons why I think they would be good picks. But they are also all Civs that I assume have a big fan base that would likely buy dlc that have new leaders for those Civs.

He/She is also claiming there will be a 3rd expansion.

Well. If they’re making stuff up about a third expansion then that’s really mean...

We never had small dlc before Civ V though. I don't think 2 expansions is an unwritten law at Firaxis. If they think a 3rd expansion will sell I expect they will make it.
There seems to be a trend for gamemakers to look at ways of making money from games between major releases nowadays.

I think dlc would be more profitable than a big expansion, and so more likely. But seriously, who knows.

A bunch of very safe choices with no big surprises.

Seems a lot less believable than the previous leak.
The list is dubious (most of the leaders look copy-pasted from Civ V) but the art for Eleanor and now Christina of Sweden is very convincing.

More dlc? Well, slightly more hopeful. One possible approach would be to release dlc which just focuses on a few new leaders, wonders and or units, and maybe even scenarios, and then use that to do some serious patching. There won’t be any compatibility issues them, although given they’re then not getting paid for the patching the amount of new content made available in terms of mechanics would be limited. The feasibility would depend on how well they think leader pack dlc sell and or how buys there art team is.

You're misunderstanding the problem. Mechanics included in the expansions like governors, loyalty, great ages, etc. are only available to players who bought the expansions. This means that if Firaxis intended to release more DLC after the expansions, it would force them to choose between making the DLC require the expansions (which limits how many people can buy them) or making the new civs only reference vanilla mechanics in their unique abilities (which limits creative freedom in designing those civs).

This is why, if Civ 6 is to continue at all, more expansions would be the only way.

The list is dubious (most of the leaders look copy-pasted from Civ V) but the art for Eleanor and now Christina of Sweden is very convincing.

Only Suleiman, Pachacuti and Dido are from Civ V. That's not most. Mansa Musa was Civ IV. Kristina, Matthias Corvinus, Kupe and Wilfrid Laurier would be new to the series.

Only Suleiman, Pachacuti and Dido are from Civ V. That's not most. Mansa Musa was Civ IV. Kristina, Matthias Corvinus, Kupe and Wilfrid Laurier would be new to the series.
You're right, Mansa Musa was from a previous title. Point is though that I find unlikely they would bring back so many leaders when they've been going out of their way seemingly to pick different ones this time, where alternatives exist.

Apart from Alexander, Genghis, Shaka and Montezuma I can't think of any other Civ VI leaders that were in Civ V. So three out of eight is still a lot. And okay, Mansa Musa was from Civ IV but that's still the last time Mali were in the game.

eta: And Gandhi. But he doesn't really count, he basically IS the Civilization franchise :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom