1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: is the *second* leaked list of leaders real?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WillowBrook, Nov 20, 2018.

?

Is this second list of leaders accurate?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2018.
  1. Yes, we will see those nine leaders.

69.2%
  2. Partially - it's based on inside info, but not entirely accurate

28.2%
  3. No, it's a hoax, but some guesses may be correct.

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casworon

Casworon Prince

A banning would suggest that the leaks are real surely?

I'm not too bothered by seeing leaks but i understand why some people would be

The thing i'm interested the most about is mentions of a third expansion. Though i'm not getting my hopes up

2. TheSpaceCowboy

TheSpaceCowboy The Gangster of Love

3. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Ryansinbela and Siptah like this.
  4. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

5. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

Actually Pachacuti has been the leader for the Inca in both III and V, it's only IV so far that the leader was different (Huayna Capac). If the Inca had been included in Civ II before being cut, it would've been Athuallpa though.

Ryansinbela and johnlynch13957 like this.
  6. Inhalaattori

Inhalaattori Emperor

This list seems legit.

It has a lot of similarities with Rise and Fall list of leaders. Both have 3/9 female leaders and 4/8 totally new Civs.

Ryansinbela and Jkchart like this.
  7. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

4/8 totally new civs? Maori, Hungary, Canada and ???

Ryansinbela likes this.
  8. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Phoenicia.

9. marius_kaparius

marius_kaparius Warlord

Phoenicia

[Ninja'd]

10. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Ah, right, I somehow always read it as Carthage because of Dido. I can understand Dido's inclusion better in that case. While Phoenicia would potentially offer some interesting leaders, reliable and detailed information is not available on any of them.

Ryansinbela likes this.
  11. Haig

Haig Deity

They have shuffled every Civ V leader into someone else (apart from stalwarts Gandhi, Shaka and Genghis) but now they would use Pachacuti and Suleyman.. I would have thought Mehmet II etc.

12. Jewelrunna

Jewelrunna Prince

If this is true, I’m quite ok with all the choices (barring Eleanor, who’s inclusion is a travesty, but I’ve said my peace on that). I don’t necessarily see the value is shaking up representation just for the sake of doing so, and Suleiman and Pachacuti are the clear best choices if we’re picking a leader to represent the Ottomans & Inca respectively. Quite happy to see Hungary, Maori, and Canada. I wonder if they’ll make Carthage the capital of Phoenicia or if it’ll be a new Civ altogether. Quite surprised to see Kristina leading Sweden, but pleasantly so; I might’ve preferred to see Gustavus Adolphus, but she’s a fine choice, especially if they want to turn Sweden into a cultural/scientific powerhouse.

I’m still butthurt about Eleanor though. Just... out of all the representatives you could’ve gone with... why?..

Xandinho likes this.
  13. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

If the civ is Carthage and the leader is Dido, queen of Carthage, we'll se Carthage as capital for sure.

14. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

She is a very famous and fascinating historical figure with ties to both England and France, is that not enough to justify it? I'm no historian but it seems OK to me personally.

blackcatatonic likes this.
  15. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who's had a large, positive impact on the history of their country while also holding commanding power is worthy of being that country's leader. That's why I don't mind Prime Ministers (Churchill, Gajah Mada), political leaders (Gandhi) or Queens-Consort (Livia Augusta, Taytu Betul) as leader choices. Memorable + Competent justifies enough.

Not sure if that applies to Eleanor, but if it does, she's a fine (if gimmicky) choice.

16. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

I agree, and based on what I know I think Eleanor definitely counts as memorable + competent.

What do you mean by gimmicky? Alt leader for 2 civs? I think that's quite clever myself, although maybe a bit of a shortcut!

Jkchart and ChocolateShake like this.
  17. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

To be honest I like Eleanor much more if she is an alt-leader for both Civs. I find that really, really interesting and I hope it's a part of the leak that's true.

Jkchart, Inawordyes, Leyrann and 4 others like this.
  18. kryat

kryat King

She was mother to 2 queens and 3 kings, including the famous Richard Lionheart and the John who signed the Magna Carta. It would be astounding if she hadn’t been involved through some of their reigns. Think Olena Tyrell. She’s a great choice for this game.

19. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Oh I looooove me some Queen of Thorns realness. Count me in.

20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

She was regent for Richard while he went crusading and mucking about on the continent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.