[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
i dont know if its some feature of this mod but, before 0.17.3 and 3.1 vp there was a icon that gave a list of natural womders in the map, how many you have discover and not, and the distance in tiles from your nearest citys. but now there itsnt that list, the icon was in the line where world congress, notification log, infoaddict, etc are. and what i can do to have it again

i dont know if its some feature of this mod but, before 0.17.3 and 3.1 vp there was a icon that gave a list of natural womders in the map, how many you have discover and not, and the distance in tiles from your nearest citys. but now there itsnt that list, the icon was in the line where world congress, notification log, infoaddict, etc are. and what i can do to have it again
Everything ok on my side. Probably the mod conflict. It should be enabled by deafult.

searching between my mods it appears the vox populi bare neseccities v.6 who make the problem
but before with vp 3.0 and more wonders 0.17.2 it didnt happen the problem

i fix the previus issue, but theres a new problem, i have a lot of mods so maybe its that, so eye of the sahara and great blue hole doesnt spawn, i edit the script so all natural wonders spawns and even before that those two doesnt appear to spawn, it happens to someone else?

i fix the previus issue, but theres a new problem, i have a lot of mods so maybe its that, so eye of the sahara and great blue hole doesnt spawn, i edit the script so all natural wonders spawns and even before that those two doesnt appear to spawn, it happens to someone else?
Yes, both NWs are deliberately disabled (not set to spawned) since the model doesn't exist yet. Adan already has the working code, and he only needs a working model left.
Just ignore it for now.

Yes, both NWs are deliberately disabled (not set to spawned) since the model doesn't exist yet. Adan already has the working code, and he only needs a working model left.
Just ignore it for now.
oh ok then, all ok for now with 32 mods in, the game its playing nice

@adan_eslavo , a lua error with VP3.5.4

Code:
[176545.187] Runtime Error: E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(overhaul) More Wonders for VP\2.NaturalWonders/Lua/UniqueNaturalWondersAbilities.lua:196: attempt to index local 'pCapital' (a nil value)

Is there a list of natural wonders and their bonuses somewhere?
Since the only way I've seen to access their bonus description after finding them is through the Natural Wonder Viewer this mod adds.

@adan_eslavo , a lua error with VP3.5.4

Code:
[176545.187] Runtime Error: E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(overhaul) More Wonders for VP\2.NaturalWonders/Lua/UniqueNaturalWondersAbilities.lua:196: attempt to index local 'pCapital' (a nil value)
1685197901970.png

Why is your pPlayer:GetCapitalCity() resulted in nil?

Last edited:
Why is your pPlayer:GetCapitalCity() resulted in nil?
I would like to know :), it is there, however. After that can be that of another civilization, right?
I play with very classic mods, always the same. The only two parameters that have changed in my game are the almost last VP versions but also indeed, I am testing a new mod (which for me is nothing special) except for the addition of a City-State with parameters given by @jarcast2 (for the compatibility to adan_eslavo's CS Leader for VP) that I do not master.
EDIT : Third parameter changed, latest version (v85) of MUCfVP

Since the only way I've seen to access their bonus description after finding them is through the Natural Wonder Viewer this mod adds.
Precisely, the viewer is made for that. Otherwise, in terrain and features of the Civilopedia but you don't have all the details (progression by era).

I have a question is it possible to get an option to turn off the Wonder Randomization for which city they are available for. I understand the point of spreading them out but when you have nothing left to build and not having the options for various wonders at certain points in the game IE Stonehenge when you only have 1 city its kinda how shall we say annoying.

I have a question is it possible to get an option to turn off the Wonder Randomization for which city they are available for. I understand the point of spreading them out but when you have nothing left to build and not having the options for various wonders at certain points in the game IE Stonehenge when you only have 1 city its kinda how shall we say annoying.
Currently you can choose light version in the mod settings. This is version as close to vanilla as possible.

There are extended info in the op.

In game you can directly check them out by opening the Natural Wonders tab and left clicking on the particular wonder. I added that in one of the latests updates.

Third place is civilopedia, but there are only basic info.

Currently you can choose light version in the mod settings. This is version as close to vanilla as possible.
Maybe lite is not what im looking for I love the randomization. What I don't love is when you have 6-7 cities only open up a Wonder and none of your cities can build it. Also this mod needs to change the other empires anger towards building wonders. It still seems to be capped at 7 wonders before ppl get mad your building to many wonders.

Also has anyone thought to maybe add the following

Hoover Dam
Grand Canyon
Disneyland
Hollywood
Bollywood

etc.

Maybe lite is not what im looking for I love the randomization. What I don't love is when you have 6-7 cities only open up a Wonder and none of your cities can build it. Also this mod needs to change the other empires anger towards building wonders. It still seems to be capped at 7 wonders before ppl get mad your building to many wonders.

Also has anyone thought to maybe add the following

Hoover Dam
Grand Canyon
Disneyland
Hollywood
Bollywood

etc.
Grand Canyon is rather a Natural Wonder. In plans.
Disneyland - no.
Hollywood - already added.
Bollywood - no.
Hoover Dam - already used.

Did you try light version? Maybe you do not diversify enough terrain and plots where your cities are settled? Hard version can cause such issues, but light should be much more comfortable to play.

RETURN TO THE SEAS
v0.18 finally released after many months of waiting! Congrats for all who contributed to that awesome update. Special thanks to @ghost toast. Changelog is short, but really fatty and contains 3 new water based Natural Wonders. Enjoy the archipelago map more with this update:
Code:
- added:
    - added brand new models for Giant's Causeway (with new colour), Mt. Everest, Lake Retba (now 3D), Dallol (now sort of 3D) and Bermuda Triangle;
    - added 5 new Natural Wonders: Eye of the Sahara, Great Blue Hole, Galapagos, Ha Long Bay and Zhangjiajie;
    - added new resource: Giant Tortoise exclusive for Galapagos;
- changed:
    - Grand Mesa now provides global Production bonus instead of local in capital;
    - updated AssignStartingPlots.lua file for VP 3.7;
- fixed:
    - fixed Giant's Causeway's Tourism values;
    - fixed multiple broken requirements related to Forest/Jungle ownership;
    - fixed text issue with White Sands Missile Range;
    - adaptation to latest VP versions;
    - minor correction in the files;

Share your thoughts after playing some. I'm curious of your opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom