Poll on Firaxis.com

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Firaxis has put up a poll asking what Civ fans most want to see in future Civilization releases or expansion packs:

http://www.firaxis.com/community/polls.cfm

Questions asked include which 8 new Civs you want added, new leaders for exisitng Civ4 civs, which era needs more units, etc.

Well personally, it would be nice if they concentrated on things that can't be modded. I mean, they've purposefully created a game that has huge modding capability and at the forefront of that we have the ability to add new civs right here and now.

This being the case, why would I want *THEM* to add new civilizations and charge for it when i can download the work of a fan from here???

Much better for Firaxis to concentrate on things we - the fanbase - can't do.

Good point. Although firaxis might be able to do it somewhat better, or just feedback in general can give them neat ideas for civ4.

I've asked for Zone of Control, better and more meaningful forts, and paratroopers :p

don't think so... but the results should have some effect on what stuff they would include in the expansion pack(s).

i voted for 4-d graphics so we need to go buy new computers and video cards!

THXxx. I just finished filling out the survey.

My main recommendation was : push the Meditation tech and the founding of Buddhism to later.
Those two items are quite premature in 4000 BC.

Before Buddhism (and even, Polytheism), the very ancient "religions" had a hybrid mix of :

Animism, Pantheism, Polyd[a]emonism, Spiritism, Fetichism, Totemism, Shamanism.

Hunter-gatherers were more likely to eat magic mushrooms than to sit quietly on their behinds to meditate on the voidness of the Void.

I guess what I would like is irrelevant . It won't accept my e-mail address, says its improperly formatted:confused:

Hmm, must be imaginary spam-mail I receive on it:lol:

I simply made the modest requests of more scenarios and Poland as a civilization. I'm a little skeptical, of course. :o

I asked that they allow for tech stagnation, has anyone else had the problem that you have only built none or mabe 2 Musketters and then they turn obsolete? Anyways the Holy roman empire would be nice as would Irish (UU being the pub patron ;)) aswell as some more wmds nuclear bombers have soooo been neglected in the whole seiries as have the medium and short range nukes the ICBMS actualy made up a verry smal % of the worlds nuclear arsenal.
oh yea and ranged bombardment as in civ3( comon artillary has never solld up to a city and you know had melee combat, it had been mor suceptible to wear and tear than to enemy guns)
but I think it is good that they have this pole shows that they realy care

They are actually suggesting Stalin and Lenin as new leaders. Very, very nice.

I need an idea for the new unit...

Ginat Death Robots?

Tactical Nukes?

Giant Radioactive Monkeys?

I think I'll go with the Tactical Nukes.

Thanks for linking to this poll! Maybe this should be a sticky?

I voted for a new leader for each civ with only one, Egypt, Rome, and Greece, and I think my last vote went to Stalin, got a soft spot for him.

My other votes were for a seige weapon between catapult and cannon, cause that's a long gap. Maybe bronze cannon, which I think someone has made a mod for actually. And suggested altering the scoring to reward a player for playing a large map with more civs. The current system really favors warlike victories on small maps.

I know modders have done some great work in fixing all of these things, and there are mods available for pretty much anything suggested in the poll. I just tend to shy away from mods since they alter the game, can't use them for GOTM etc. I feel more on a level playing field playing with the default program.

Weird. One of the civ we can recommend is the Incans. Am I crazy or are they already in the game?

Stalin is a mass murderer that terrorized its own people. If Stalin is in the game, some will start asking for Hitler (Stalin actually had more people killed than Hitler did). They are well known figures, but those bastards shouldn't be in the game. They killed millions.
People will say that other leaders in the actual game had many people killed, but the difference is that Stalin is too close from us. (He died in the 1950s) and therefore too controversial.

If Firaxis wants to put a communist russian leader. Lenin or even Trotsky (he never ruled USSR though), while not really Quakers themselves, are much better choices.

Sorry for the double, and off topic, just wanted to say:

Quovadis: I live right off of Rt. 9 too. :lol:

Can't give any more information than that, or you might bring in the cavalry and try to pillage my liquor resource. :beer:

Top Bottom