Poll on Firaxis.com

Theodorick said:
Where's Ronald Reagon and George Bush on the leader list? Everyone knows both are great American leaders and led the world into a new age of freedom and prosperity.
To current, plus in George Bush's case he is still alive and I imagine they didn't want to use any currently living leaders.

NikNak said:
Right now, my only must-have feature is for the names and labels I place in the globeview to stay when I save and re-open a game.

It does this since patch 1.52 :)

I would love to see an easy-to-use editor to create your own units, buildings, techs, maybe even improvements. Allow settlers to terraform, create more special units and some creative buildings...

I agree. I think having such an editor would catapult the game's replayability, even though there is already so much replayability in the core game and with the number of mods you can find online.

Adder said:
Hehe.. I asked if they would add Stalin and Hitler.. Wonder if they'll do it :p
Emm.... Just think about our great chairman Mao exists in Civs... It should be no problem for Stalin and Hitler.

KelvinWong said:
Emm.... Just think about our great chairman Mao exists in Civs... It should be no problem for Stalin and Hitler.

Actually, Hitler and to a lesser extent, Stalin are far more controversial than Mao. (Esp. in the West, where most of the market is. Ask the average person about Hitler and immediately images of the Holocaust, concentration camps and war show up. Ask the average person about Mao :confused: and you might get, "Some Chinese dude that led a revolution"....if you're lucky) Having Hitler in the game may make it illegal for many Europeans to buy the game, including Germany, another big market for Firaxis. Therefore, it is extremely unlikely to see Hitler included. Stalin is a possibility though I would bet on Lenin edging him out.

Having Hitler in the game may make it illegal for many Europeans to buy the game, including Germany,

Then call him Franz and give him a mustard.

I dont think it will make it illegal. Its history for christ sake.
I have strong feelings regarding communism but that didnt make it illegal.

offtopic:

If they can make drawings of Muhammed then they can also put Hitler in the game!!

xonixs said:
Then call him Franz and give him a mustard.

I dont think it will make it illegal. Its history for christ sake.
I have strong feelings regarding communism but that didnt make it illegal.

I'm not saying it should be illegal, of course it is history, but thanks to anti-Nazi laws in Germany and other states that ban Nazi paraphernalia (incl. books like Mein Kampf and pro Hitler political parties) it makes it legally dubious. In any event, even if it's not technically illegal, which it still may be, Firaxis will not take that chance; still too recent and too controversial. I'm not saying I agree with this, I actually think there is a strong case for Hitler though I'm fine with the 2 German leaders chosen, I think it's just the reality of the situation as it stands right now.

Top Bottom