Poll: Swap World Congress and Diplomacy icons, or move the WC counter (EUI)

Should we swap World Congress and Diplomacy icons, or move WC counter

• Swap World Congress and Diplomacy icons

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Only move the WC turn counter to the World Congress button

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No to all

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

balparmak

Prince
20220426125312_1.jpg

This is one of my pet peeves but I never understood why turns left to the next Congress session were displayed on the Diplomacy button. Moving it to the WC button feels like a bugfix, and I don't think many would disagree.
That said, I'd rather completely swap icons. The "world with branches" icon feels much more suitable for World Congress, even more so when you consider that the same icon is used for League Projects. I'd understand if people are too accustomed to this though. I'm making the poll single choice but I'll consider any vote for 1 also a vote for 2.

This is for EUI only, I can see how the Diplomacy button gets more use in nonEUI.

Last edited:
The vote button still makes no sense for Diplomacy menu though.

I voted "2" as I would love this change, but not the icon swap. I actually attempted to do this years ago but couldn't work out how. I tentatively concluded that it is the way it is because it's too hard to do it the preferred way with how the code is structured - something about the way icons are added dynamically I think.

If you do end up implementing number 2, I would be grateful if you could post a link to the github pull so I can also replicate this in my fav old version :)

The button that shows a voting ballot should stay with World Congress. It fits better there than the the Diplomacy screen.

The button that shows a voting ballot should stay with World Congress. It fits better there than the the Diplomacy screen.

I always thought it was a parchment scroll, like the ones you'd expect emissaries to carry :hammer2:I still favor swapping but at least it makes a bit more sense now.

Top Bottom