[NFP] [Poll] What Civ Are You Playing First in the Sept. Update?

Which civ are you playing first?

• Total voters
Personally, I'm most excited about Gaul, at least from a gameplay perspective. Culture + Production seems like a powerful mix, as both of those are just so hard to come by in the early game. Also my biggest blind spot in Civ 6 is neglecting my defense and getting rushed in the classical, but I think having a warrior/spearman replacement along with an IZ that provides defense, will definitely be welcomed by players like me.

What about you? Maybe Byzantium is more your style? Or what about trying Georgia out in the new Ages mode? Or maybe you have a favorite civ that you always use first with every update?

I'm going to refrain voting here until we see more info about Byzantium and Gaul. Sorry, but this poll seems a tad premature when we don't even know all the abilities and uniques. But I will try to come back and vote once we have more info.

I'm still 90 percent I will vote Georgia, though. My bae just gets better with age (pun intended).

It must be Byzantium. The dromon shall send crispy enemies to the bottom of the Mediterranean!

Suleiman in shambles! Trajan on notice! The East shall rise like the morning sun!

I'm going to refrain voting here until we see more info about Byzantium and Gaul. Sorry, but this poll seems a tad premature when we don't even know all the abilities and uniques. But I will try to come back and vote once we have more info.

I kind of wondered the same thing too when I made the poll. Because of that I made it so you can change your vote any time. Who knows, maybe when Byzantium's first look comes I might be all like "Gaul who?".

I will give Gaul a try, and perhaps it will replace Australia and the Cree for being my favorite civ.

Given that I likely have some Gaulish ancestry, I am very interested in seeing what the devs do with this new civ.

I agree with what others have said: I need more information before I decide. That being said, I'm leaning towards Byzantium just because I want to hear how badly they butchered the Gaulish language. :p

At this juncture Gaul seems more like it's in my wheelhouse than Byzantium, but we shall see.

From the Vague mentions in the first thread I would say Gaul but I would need the full details to know for sure

I'd like to watch the first looks before making an informed final decision but I am excited about the new Georgia ability (wish it was for basic game as well though) so I'll vote them for now since I at least know what to expect from them - mixing golden age and dark age cards at the same time looks fun. Gaul sounds exciting though so they may win in the end... all depends on the upcoming video.

Honestly though, after seeing the video, I wish they would just make Strength in Unity this for the basic game:

+1 wildcard slot during a Golden Age and Heroic Age. Can use Dark Age policy cards in all eras. +50% production to defensive structures.

Fits the basic game, fits the new mode. You lose the chaining Golden Ages, but gain something for hitting a Normal Age instead of nothing. Gives you a reason to build the Taj Mahal to shoot for those Golden Ages.

Last edited:
I agree with what others have said: I need more information before I decide. That being said, I'm leaning towards Byzantium just because I want to hear how badly they butchered the Gaulish language. :p

Lol Ambiorix won't speak Gaulish, silly. He's gonna speak Walloon!

Gaul I suppose since they're completely new to the series. Though neither are really that exciting to me personally. Hopefully they'll have fun mechanics though

Georgia to try the new ability and see the new leaderscreens in the same game. (I think Georgia is a fun civ too)

Highlands, small map King diff.
Dramatic ages and Shuffled texh tree game modes
Suleiman must be included too..

Rome. Always Rome first with a new patch.

Really curious about opening up a deity game with dramatic ages and seeing how the new dark age mechanics slow down my endless expansion through settler spam and conquest

Probably Gaul because I'm more a builder than a conqueror.

As a Frenchman I think I'll start a small map Gauls vs French Eleanor vs Magnificent Catherine vs Black Queen Catherine.

Top Bottom