Poll: what other kinds of game do you play?

What other kinds of games do you play?

• None. Civ is my religion and Sid is my prophet.

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • I'm a gamer in the broadest sense. Just about anything that makes funny noise and funny lights.

Votes: 41 30.1%
  • Strategy is my poison. I only play other RTS, RTT and 4X PC games.

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • Everything non-fantastic. I work for History Channel.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Everything that is fitted for an adult, with clever plots.

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Everything that is fitted for a real man, as FPSs. I'm a war freak.

Votes: 16 11.8%

• Total voters

HerrDoktor

Mad Scientist
I think this idea is so obvious somebody had to have it posted before but I could not find it. I was just wondering: are there non-gamers who play just Civ or everybody here play other kinds of game as well? Are all Civ players adept, as me, of serious, adult, artsy games or do they have nothing against no-brainers guilty pleasures?

Well, let me state my apologies to the English Grammar for the "WHAT", not "WHICH" other kinds of games. By the way, my option is "anything adult". I don't want to reprise my early gaming experience playing camembertish Double Dragon clones. So I play whatever makes a little sense to me, at least aesthetically. My recent favorites, besides Civ: Bioshock, Stalker, Assassin's Creed, Silent Hill (this not a "recent" fav) and Civ's main rival.

Right now I play a lot of Team Fortress 2 and Point of Existence 2 (a mod for Battlefield 2).

I love multiplayer games, first person shooters, and strategy games. I used to play a lot of adventure games but don't play nearly as many anymore.

Mostly RPGs - single player and sometimes a MMO when it's first released (or with a new expansion). I would play MMOs more often, if they didn't suck your life away.

I don't see a related option, so I didn't vote.

Mostly RPGs - single player and sometimes a MMO when it's first released (or with a new expansion). I would play MMOs more often, if they didn't suck your life away.

I don't see a related option, so I didn't vote.

Sorry, I missed that possibility. I have thought the options based on their relationship on why would you play Civ. This way, some players would do it because it's a funny game (2nd option), others for the strategic density, others for the History simulation, others because it's a cerebral game, and others for the warring aspect. I guess your most approximate option would be the 2nd, despite the slightly humorous description. Or the 5th, depending on which RPG do you play.

I play Strat-o-Matic Baseball, the Hoyle card games (when I only have a few minutes), and chess (ICC). I guess that would basically make me a non-gamer as the other games don't necessarily need a computer to play them. Though, playing an entire season of Strat without the help of the computer is very tedious. I know, I tried when I was younger and it was still just a dice and card game.

I play a bit of FPS, RPG, other types of strategy, action, adventure, simulation, board games, card games... Anything that's good, basically - though, I'm more and more turning into a crotchity old gamer these days and just playing my primary genres. Civ is my most played game of the past two years, by a long shot.

Oh, also, I from time to time dabble in early-release MMORPGs... Before they get quantified and strategy-guided to death, and there is still a bit of a sense of wonder and exploration, they're fun. After that? One job is enough, thanks.

Gamer in the broadest sense: card games, board games, strategy games, shoot-em-ups, sports games...pretty much everything excluding fantasy-type role-playing games.

As pathetic as it sounds, I'm probably happiest when playing games...a nice interlude to the mindless tedium and hopeless desperation of reality :D .

As for RPGs, I've played and liked Fable for it's humorous, adult content. But all of that anachronism breaks the game atmosphere a little bit.

I play CIV. Sometimes I play Sid's Pirates! when I need a change.

I've bought other computer strategy games, but never got too invested and don't play them any more.

I still like board games, but haven't played any in years.

Stopped playing other video games 5 years ago. For some reason, can't stop playing Civ.

Other strategy games, simulations, RPGs, the occasional adventure ... pretty much anything except FPS / action games. Apparently,such a mindset seemed inconceivable to the person who designed the poll, hence I can't vote. ;)

Other strategy games, simulations, RPGs, the occasional adventure ... pretty much anything except FPS / action games. Apparently,such a mindset seemed inconceivable to the person who designed the poll, hence I can't vote. ;)

Seems like your option is 5. Oh, heck, if only I could edit a poll...

I have piles of games, lately been playing Half-Life 2 (finally, awesome awesome game) , Team Fortress 2, and Civ pretty much... I always have such found memories of intriguing past civ games that I have to start playing again :D

Zelda Twilight Princess is awesome too!!!

I love games in a broad spectrum. Strategy is my main addiction, going back and forth between Sid Meier titles and Paradox titles. At the moment it's BtS every spare second I can, but half a year ago it was mostly Europa Universalis III. Too bad time doesn't allow for much gaming these days when family takes the foremost position in life.

Other than strategy I quite enjoy "survival horror" games like Res Evil, Silent Hill etc. Just because it's something that my wife enjoys as well. She loves to watch and be scared and doesn't want to touch the controller so I can play and still spend time with my wife ;)

I had a period of serious CS addiction a long time ago and still finds it funny from time to time and some other (now ancient) MORPGs (remember Diablo II anyone?) but serious online gaming is a thing of the past for me, time just doesn't allow it. So, no WoW and the likes for me...

Top Bottom