[GS] (POLL) What will be the EIGHTH first look?

What will be the eighth first look?

• Carthage/Phoenicia

Votes: 180 86.1%
  • Eleanor of Aquitaine for England/France

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • Something else, the leak may be incorrect

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawke9

Warlord
So the Ottomans look pretty good! I'm guessing Phoenicia will be next. I forgot to make the thread last time, sorry about that :crazyeye:

going with Phoenicia. Gotta be right some time since I wasn't last week.

Phoenicia, to save Eleanor for last.

I'm most interested in how they will hint it during the next livestream. Surreptitious white flag? Innocuous Dido T-shirt? Everyone wearing purple?

Pretty sure Phoenicia, but holding off voting till Thursday.

Hopefully this means Phoenicia will be the most unique and exciting civ in the expansion.
Tbh I think that title is unlikely to be taken from Maori.

I'm still holding out hope for Tyrian purple as a unique luxury...

I'm most interested in how they will hint it during the next livestream. Surreptitious white flag? Innocuous Dido T-shirt? Everyone wearing purple?

Yup this will be fun :D

I'm guessing Phoenicia will be one of the top three that I'd want to try first, hoping for early long distance trade routes and some sort of synergy with their neighbors.

Sea snail shells or something having to do with deodorizing as apparently the pits in which the sea snails were left to rot to make Tyrian purple had a fierce stench.

Dido and her Cothons next for sure. Eleanor will be revealed last, as a final hoorah dual civ surprise. Speculating the UU either Numidian Mercenary, and naval and trade route bonuses. Maybe a unique purple dye luxury resource for Phoenicians only??

Phoenicia is going to be a trade and science civilization. I'm sure of it as there hasn't been a science flavored civ in GS so far and they were pretty much the "manus" to the Greek "mens" of the classical world.

I think Eleanor since I think introducing an alternate leader last would be off-putting.

Phoenicia is going to be a trade and science civilization. I'm sure of it as there hasn't been a science flavored civ in GS so far and they were pretty much the "manus" to the Greek "mens" of the classical world.

Canada, Maori and Sweden are all good at Culture yet as you say, no Science Civ has been revealed yet. I'd really like to see Phoenicia being good at Science.

Canada, Maori and Sweden are all good at Culture yet as you say, no Science Civ has been revealed yet. I'd really like to see Phoenicia being good at Science.
Unless they learned from Korea never to make a science focused civ again.

Unless they learned from Korea never to make a science focused civ again.

Well it wouldn't be one-dimensionally about science.

The best implementation would be akin to additional science on trade routes based on certain conditions. My favorite approach would be additional science based on number of unique luxuries OR uniquely traded luxuries.

I am voting for Eleanor because an alternate leader, for me, does not give that much hype as a new civ to be revealed last. But, who knows, Eleanor might be a crazy unique gameplay.

I think Eleanor will coincide with the modding discussion so I wonder when that will be.

Tbh I think that title is unlikely to be taken from Maori.

I'm still holding out hope for Tyrian purple as a unique luxury...

I hope so. But I hope it's manufactured. Manufactured luxuries would make a great mechanic for a potential future expansion and it would be fun by itself.

Guessing Phoenicia for now, will stick with it if we see purple in the livestream (assuming we get a livestream this week)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom