[GS] (POLL) What will be the fifth first look?

What will be the fifth first look?

• Sweden

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Mali

Votes: 73 28.6%
  • The Ottomans

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • Phoenicia/Carthage

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Eleanor of Aquitaine for England/France

Votes: 63 24.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 10 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction:

Eleanor on Thursday the 27th, likely with a sneak peak on the 26th, no livestream next week.

No First Look first week of January, but livestream on the 3rd.

Then Phoenicia, Mali, Sweden, Ottoman with livestreams each week after, with one week off somewhere in there.

Of course, only one of my first look guesses has been correct so far, so I'm not too optimistic about my ability here. :p

I thought there was a hint for that really long India guy's name that was posted on twitter on christmas day ? As its fully automated - I can see the FL happening on Tuesday. Guess we'll find out on Thursday.

I thought there was a hint for that really long India guy's name that was posted on twitter on christmas day ? As its fully automated - I can see the FL happening on Tuesday. Guess we'll find out on Thursday.

The Chandragupta teaser came out on December 26th.

But why would you have a holiday on the 26th? It's just a regular day. We would only do so if Christmas fell on a Sunday, then Monday would be a holiday.

In Canada (and many European countries, Australia, New Zealand, and a few other countries, it seems), the 26th is Boxing Day, a historical holiday. I guess originally it was a day to give gifts to non-family members (Christmas being the day you exchanged with family).

In Canada (and many European countries, Australia, New Zealand, and a few other countries, it seems), the 26th is Boxing Day, a historical holiday. I guess originally it was a day to give gifts to non-family members (Christmas being the day you exchanged with family).

Supposedly you gave the servants and tradespeople their Christmas Box that day.

I wonder if that's an attempt to secularize (or de-Catholicize) a Saint's Feast in Protestant/Commonwealth countries. That doesn't explain why it isn't celebrated in the U.S., unless it was done post-1776.

I wonder if that's an attempt to secularize (or de-Catholicize) a Saint's Feast in Protestant/Commonwealth countries. That doesn't explain why it isn't celebrated in the U.S., unless it was done post-1776.

Doing no research other than checking Wikipedia, it seems you are bang on in your guess. The Boxing Day tradition appears to have developed in the 1800s.

There is one good reason why it doesn’t exist in America.... and that would be money.

I'm going to wait for the livestream tomorrow and look at the hints before I make a prediction.

I saw someone point out on the Inca thread that in the Inca first look the player has an ENORMOUS amount of gold. Look at 1:18 of the video if you want to see for yourself, somehow they've managed to stockpile 91,464 gold. Does anyone else think this is a hint? When I see a stack of money that big in Civ my first thought is Mali and Mansa Musa.

I saw someone point out on the Inca thread that in the Inca first look the player has an ENORMOUS amount of gold. Look at 1:18 of the video if you want to see for yourself, somehow they've managed to stockpile 91,464 gold. Does anyone else think this is a hint? When I see a stack of money that big in Civ my first thought is Mali and Mansa Musa.

No. It's more likely a fluke of economic imbalancing that happens during beta testing, or they used dev tools to give themselves an inordinate sum of money in order to purchase units and buildings and such.

I wouldn't put it past them. If we see any other unexpected pointers toward gold, I'd say you may be on to something. But I'm still expecting the new leader, not a new civ next week, due to Christmas.

No. It's more likely a fluke of economic imbalancing that happens during beta testing, or they used dev tools to give themselves an inordinate sum of money in order to purchase units and buildings and such.

Maybe in GS you can sell Food to the AI, and the Inca rule the world selling off all of all their excess Terrace Farm Food? :lol:

Yeah there should be an option for “No reveal because of the holidays” in the poll. That’s entirely plausible.

“Dido leads Carthage in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm”

They haven’t released an African civ or female leader yet so that’s a two-for-one!

I think after that, they’ll go:
- Ottomans
- Sweden
- Mali
- Eleanor

“Dido leads Carthage in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm”

They haven’t released an African civ or female leader yet so that’s a two-for-one!
Considering the leak says Dido will lead Phoenicia, she won't be African at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom