[GS] (POLL) What will be the fifth first look?

What will be the fifth first look?

• Sweden

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Mali

Votes: 73 28.6%
  • The Ottomans

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • Phoenicia/Carthage

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Eleanor of Aquitaine for England/France

Votes: 63 24.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 10 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I suspect it will be a hybrid Phoenician city-states and Carthaginian Empire civ as I can’t see her capital being anything but Carthage. I’d rather just have Pygmalion of Tyre.

Carthage is definitely a contender as the capital but I think Tyre is more likely as that is where Elissa (Dido) is from in the first place and it was widely considered the center of what the Greeks called Phoenicia.

The Carthaginan empire was an extension of Phoenician history. They aren't distinct entities so I'm not sure why you are trying to separate them. The most important "Carthaginian" settlements (Karalis, Panormus, Ibossim, Lpqy etc...) were actually Phoenician colonies that were later absorbed into Carthage's sphere of influence after the Levantine states fell to invasion.

Last edited:
So no First Look next week then? And also nothing on the New Year's week? They said they will be gone for two weeks.

They said they'd post little things on social media, so I wouldn't expect that to include First Looks.

I'm now inclined to think Phoenicia as a non-European civ with a female leader.

I still think the alternate leader is gonna go in between all the Civs. Unless they are doing Eleanor last (like they did with Gorgo).

Yeah it's looking like Mali. The reindeer hat through me off, I was thinking I might actually be right for once (well twice). The gold has to be a hint.

And now I'm wondering if we might get a gold resource. We haven't seen one, but it might still be disabled in their build. Wishful thinking. I use the mod that has gold resource sometimes.

edit: I went ahead and changed my vote from Sweden to Mali. I'm pretty certain about this clue.

Last edited:
That bunch of chocolate gold coins could be a Mali hint?
It could be. I'm not convinced enough to change my vote form Eleanor yet - BUT if they don't actually release a FL by Tuesday, January 1st, I will strongly consider it.

Meh. I don't associate reindeer with Sweden in particular. They are more of a Finland thing.

Finland has yet to make an appearance in any of the Civ games, so its likely going to be Sweden that gets featured in the expansion. Given that it is Christmas time, Sweden would be a natural choice for the 5th civ reveal.

I would love to see Finland in the game (led by Sibelius or Mannerheim), but the devs don't seem to be all that eager to add them. Aside from the upcoming addition of Hungary, the Uralic peoples have not really been featured in any of the Civ games.

Not sure why people are saying Sweden.
I voted Mali because of the coins though it could be Eleanor if they weren't going to show another livestream for England/France.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom