1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] (POLL) What will be the first first look?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Hawke9, Nov 23, 2018.

?

What do you think will be the first first look?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2018.
  1. Inca

49 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. Mali

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Maori

102 vote(s)
    55.7%
  4. Hungary

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Phoenicia/Carthage

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  6. Ottomans

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Sweden

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Canada

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. Eleanor

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  10. Something else, the leaks may be incorrect.

13 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawke9

Hawke9 Warlord

So what do you guys think will be the first new first look for gathering storm? I'm thinking the Maori or the Inca since they were featured in the cinematic trailer.

Ryansinbela likes this.
  2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

One of them "revealed" in the trailer - either Inca or Maori. My money is on Inca.

3. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

I'd say Maori both because they were in the trailer and because they were the only "serious" leak.

4. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

I think the order will follow a pattern similar to that of the previous expansion

Maori => Phoenicia => Inca => Canada => Eleanor => Sweden => Mali => Hungary => Ottomans

something like this. I strongly feel like they'll open with Maori and close with Ottomans.

5. Denkt

Denkt Reader

The old civs first, the new civs last but Maroi Before them all.

Hawke9 likes this.
  6. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

I don't think it will be Maori - my bet is that they will go with a well known civilization for an initial reveal, potentially one with a modern country that has a big game market. So Sweden, Canada or (less likely) Ottomans. Or as a total surprise, Eleanor.

7. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I'm still not convinced the leak is completely correct. Based on inside info, yes, but we'll see.

That said, given the image they're using for the trailer, the Maori seem an obvious early reveal, so I'm guessing them.

CivLuvah, Zaarin and Greek Stud like this.
  8. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

My first thought (and my vote) was Ottomans, to get some hype going for that part of the fan base.

But after reading the posts above, I'm leaning to Maori, which is returning(Polynesia)/new, also has a big fan base, and has already been signalled.

The wildcard is we don't know which civs have abilities linked to which new game systems. That will also influence the release order.

WillowBrook likes this.
  9. DeepKing

DeepKing Warlord

Inca or Maori, only because they were so recognizable in the cinematic. I’d say Inca because them and the Ottomans are most wanted by fans, but the Maori were even more prominent so I think they’ll go with that then the Inca.

I will say though, I’m extremely interested in seeing what they’ll do with the Inca. The dependence on the map and terrain in this Civ would be prime for their terrace farms.

Absolution likes this.
  10. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I'm guessing the Maori will be revealed first. For Rise and Fall, Korea was the first Civ to be revealed, and Seondeok was in the cinematic. In the Gathering Storm one, we see the Maori leader (Kupe).

11. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I voted Mali purely for wishful thinking.
    But realistically it very well would be either the Inca or Maori.

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Last year the trailer showed Korea, Netherlands, Mongols, and Georgia. Korea, Netherlands, and Mongols were the first three First Looks. Georgia was the sixth after Cree and Chandragupta. Plus Korea, Netherlands, and Mongols are all series regulars.

So if the leak is right, and it works like last year. Then Inca will be first as the only series regular revealed in the trailer.

13. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

Maori (cause it's basically already been revealed by that serious leak), and it was in the trailer.

Greek Stud likes this.
  14. Bechhold

Bechhold King

Inca as it is the least marketable and needs to be gotten out of the way.

15. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

I voted Maori. Because the Maori image is the the one used to preview the video, I think they will want to get it out of the way since there isn't really any suspense around it. However, I do think that Inca and Maori will be #1 and #2 because of the Trailer, and I'm not 100% certain of which will be first.

If they use a similar strategy to R&F (and assuming the leaked Civ list is true) then either Mali or Ottomans will be third (in the slot that Mongolia filled in the R&F marketing) and the other one will be last (in the Zulu First Look slot).

16. Greek Stud

Greek Stud Prince

Storm (Ororo Munroe) the Queen of Wakanda will be the first because her special ability is to command disasters at will lol

17. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

Byzantines because they are series regulars and are in the trailer !
    Nah, just kidding.
    Probably Maori. They're new to the series and already "confirmed".

18. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

If those are the final civs, then I'll guess the order as:
    Inca
    Maori
    Carthage
    Hungary
    Mali
    Canada
    Sweden
    Eleanor
    Ottoman
    (most leaked first, then alternating new/returning, with a fan favorite in last)

Siptah likes this.
  19. HoorayForSiam

HoorayForSiam Chieftain

Looking forward to that dopamine rush upon hearing “Kupe leads the Maori in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI”, though I bet they’ll prioritize returning civs overall.

1) Maori
    2) Inca
    3) Mali
    4) Ottomans
    5) Hungary
    6) Phoenicia
    7) Sweden
    8) Canada
    9) Eleanor

Buthera likes this.
  20. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I think the Maori will be first because 1) they're new but not a wildcard and 2) they were explicitly referenced in the trailer. They're a great civ to get people hyped about the expansion and sort of be the "face" of the expansion like Cleopatra and Teddy were for the base game; they're not one of the clamored-for returning civs like the Ottomans or Inca who the marketing team will want to save for later (I believe the Ottomans will be the last revealed); they're not going to cause the controversy that Eleanor will if the leak is true; and they likely have mechanics that tie in with the expansion's systems that make them a useful civ to reveal early. I believe the Maori and Inca will be the first two civs, and again the Ottomans will be last. Less certain about the middle, in part because I remain unconvinced by the "leak."

This is my stance as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.