[GS] (POLL) What will be the FOURTH first look?

What do you think the fourth first look will be?

• Sweden

Votes: 69 29.5%
  • Carthage/Phoenicia

Votes: 49 20.9%
  • The Inca

Votes: 68 29.1%
  • The Ottomans

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Mali

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Eleanor of Aquitane for France/England

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That llama is a red herring! :p Oh, we'll see who's right this coming Monday! :mischief:

I'm already prepared to be disappointed by the Inca design in Civ6. They chose Pachacuti again....what would be his Agenda?
Hopefully the one I hoped they would give to Huyana Capac.
Tawantinsuyu: Likes to connect his cities with roads and have the most connected cities. Dislikes other civs who have more roads than him, or respects them.

Yep, with them saying that Tunnels will get explored more next week, and with the Llama on the shelf, it definitely feels like the Inca are on tap for next week.
Like the famous Hungarian Canals or Canadian Rock bands? I'm starting to think it's a trick.

Do we think Eleanor will be a ruler for *both* France & England? That would be something, seeing a UI constructed (hopefully) to synergize with two separate civ profiles.

Do we think Eleanor will be a ruler for *both* France & England? That would be something, seeing a UI constructed (hopefully) to synergize with two separate civ profiles.
This is what the leak has been saying, and I think it's quite likely given that it's not really clear why they would have chosen Eleanor as a leader for either Civ otherwise.

She probably won't be getting a UU/UB/UI as I think the maths doesn't add up for any of them.

Well.....Canada has some pretty famous rockin' bands, y'know, eh?

Okay, they have Rush and Crash Test Dummies. So basically, two. Still....
And Arcade Fire, and Metric, and uh... Nickelback? :mischief:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what the leak has been saying, and I think it's quite likely given that it's not really clear why they would have chosen Eleanor as a leader for either Civ otherwise.
They should have gone with her husband Henry II. That wouldn't have upset the French at all. :mischief:

And Arcade Fire, and Metric, and uh... Nickelback? :mischief:
Am I the only person who doesn't understand why Nickelback gets hate? It's a lot better than the top music today, in my opinion.
I might just name all of my rock bands Nickel Back and rule the world with them.

Well.....Canada has some pretty famous rockin' bands, y'know, eh?

Okay, they have Rush and Crash Test Dummies. So basically, two. Still....

Common try a little harder hey ?

Arcade Fire, Tom Cochrane and Red Rider, Tragically Hip, Neil Young, BTO, Bryan Adams, Guess Who, Joni Mitchell, Blue Rodeo, Tea Party, Barenaked Ladies, Moist, Metric, M+M, April Wine, Steppenwolf... Leonard Cohen (ok not pure rock, but... I'm still putting him out there so take off, heh ???)

Last edited:
Am I the only person who doesn't understand why Nickelback gets hate? It's a lot better than the top music today, in my opinion.
I might just name all of my rock bands Nickel Back and rule the world with them.
Call me a hipster, but if the radio plays them they're awful. :p

Arcade Fire, Tom Cochrane and Red Rider, Tragically Hip, Neil Young, BTO, Bryan Adams, Guess Who, Joni Mitchell, Blue Rodeo, Tea Party, Barenaked Ladies, Moist, Metric, M+M, April Wine, Steppenwolf... Leonard Cohen (ok not pure rock, but... I'm still putting him out there so take off, heh ???)

Trooper, The Box, Triumph, Hedley, Finger Eleven, Sloan, Men without Hats, Doug and the Slugs, Chilliwack, Marianas Trench, Our Lady Peace, Great Big Sea, Matthew Good Band, I Mother Earth, The Sheepdogs, Loverboy, Platinum Blonde, Glass Tiger.

That should be enough to cover at least one game.

Never realised Steppenwolf were Canadian too. Of the new civs Canada seem the ideal one to showcase rockbands. I couldn't name one Phoenician band :dance:
They can use Eleanor to showcase the changes to cultural victory they've teased.

Never realised Steppenwolf were Canadian too. Of the new civs Canada seem the ideal one to showcase rockbands. I couldn't name one Phoenician band :dance:
They can use Eleanor to showcase the changes to cultural victory they've teased.
I can't believe you've never heard of Dido and the Tyrians or Hiram Murex. ;)

Leonard Cohen (ok not pure rock, but... I'm still putting him out there so take off, heh ???)

Hahahaha.
Leonard Cohen? You might as well have William Shatner encouraging Canadian troops with:

Now check out what Genghis has in store for you when he comes over to play My Little Pony.
Kim Jung-il conducting the orchestra, and a captured Scottish ginger forced to play electric guitar!

Now check out what Genghis has in store for you when he comes over to play My Little Pony.
Oh, Genghis Khan is from Yakyakistan? :mischief:

Since you guys got me thinking about Canadian artists I decided to look through my massive music collection. Alanis Morissette, Barenaked Ladies and Arcade Fire are really the only artists that seem
appeal to me the most. I do have some hits from other artists sprinkled in my collection.

I have two little kids. What's your excuse? :dubious:
It's (usually) well-written, well-animated, has great geek culture references, and features the wonderful John de Lancie reprising his role as Q? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom