(POLL) What will be the THIRD first look?

What civ will be announced in the third first look?

• The Inca

Votes: 78 36.3%
  • Mali

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • Sweden

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • Carthage/Phoenicia

Votes: 36 16.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 25 11.6%
  • The Ottomans

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Eleanor for England/France

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Something else, the leak may be incorrect

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it was not an approved hint and the powers that be make them remove it.

Or they replace it with a different hint, flowers native to the region of the next civ, or something like that.

What's her face interviewing them is the 2K head of marketing or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if it was her idea. And at any rate, it's not like it's a major or even specific hint. For one, everything is set to be revealed a week later, so not much is spoiled. And for two, the visible half of a globe still leaves quite a large region up for interpretation. The only reason why either of these would be excessive spoiling has nothing to do with the globe and everything to do with some ******* already leaking the expack civs.

Don't ruin Sweden for me. :nono:
I did think of GoT however when they said "Raven King.":)

LA: Let it Go. Kristina is maybe a lesbian and doesn't care about your conformist agenda. Likes being left alone. Hates civs with good music.

UI: Ice Palace. Her soul spirals in frozen fractals. Converts adjacent hexes into a theme park. Provides amenities and culture for every follower of the Disney religion.

UU: Princess. Light missionary unit, comes in a variety of colors. Raises the appeal of occupied hex and exerts an extra 50% religious pressure. Fiercely self-sufficient and cannot be killed in combat, but also perpetuates gendered double standards and is automatically captured upon encountering a military unit.Combine two to make a slumber party, or three to make a tea party!

(I think of Mr. Norrell at the mention of Raven King)

I feel like the globe will spoil this, so I'm going to say Sweden. I suspect they don't want to go man-man-man.

Though it is probably even more likely they'll base it around some gameplay mechanic that hasn't been seen yet.

From new mechanics so far they have showcased Disasters and new "Engineering projects" like canal and dam, I wonder what they show next week:
* Strategic resources
* Energy
* World Congress, Diplomatic favor
* Future Era
* Scenarios
* Revamped victories

That will determine the leader shown

edit: looking at the above list, damn this expansion sounds fun!

I am voting Inca, but reserve the right to change my vote if the "Live Stream Globe"(TM) doesn't show South America.

Reasons Why:
Featured in the Trailer (so not a "surprise" worth holding onto)
Time for a Returning Civ "Regular" (Inca have been in since Civ 3)
Ottoman will be last Civ revealed (which means it is time for Inca or Carthage)
Carthage (Phoenicia) is potentially a Naval leaning civ lead by a legendary figure (Dido)

Possible Reasons Why Not:
"Live Stream Globe"(TM) - should wait until Thursday, but I want to vote now
Uses a feature they aren't ready to showcase yet

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, do Inca actually have a feasible female option for leader?

Why do you think Ottoman Turks will be last?
I feel that they are the most anticipated by the fan community at large (not the Fanatics) of the Civs that are included in this expansion (based on the leak). Because of that, I think that they will be saved until the end. Similar to how the Zulu were for R&F, although Mongolia could have fit there as well - but they were teased in the R&F trailer.

I feel that they are the most anticipated by the fan community at large (not the Fanatics) of the Civs that are included in this expansion (based on the leak). Because of that, I think that they will be saved until the end. Similar to how the Zulu were for R&F, although Mongolia could have fit there as well - but they were teased in the R&F trailer.

I disagree with this because it's incomplete reasoning. Mongolia is a huge, necessary civ that was not only anticipated but practically mandatory. It's not a civ announced late to be surprising; it's a civ announced early to build faith in the developers.

The Zulu, by contrast, were not guaranteed or necessary, because we already had Kongo. They were announced last to keep people guessing at what the African civ might be, and to reward them with relief that it was a fan favorite.

The equivalent to Mongolia in this expansion is the Ottomans; they will likely be shown third or fourth to reassure buyers that this is a good expansion full of worthwhile things and that they should preorder.

The equivalent to the Zulu in this expack is Mali. To everyone unaware of the leak, they still don't know whether they will have to give up Mali for the sake of Songhai again, or a new civ like Ghana or Ashanti (imo, civs that should remain city states if anything). Mali is the same sigh of relief that the Zulu were in R&F, and the only civ that could come close to matching that as a last reveal is the Inca.

Ottomans will be an earlier announcement, because they are the least surprising addition to the roster. They'd be kind of underwhelming as a final reveal.

I disagree with this because it's incomplete reasoning. Mongolia is a huge, necessary civ that was not only anticipated but practically mandatory. It's not a civ announced late to be surprising; it's a civ announced early to build faith in the developers.

The Zulu, by contrast, were not guaranteed or necessary, because we already had Kongo. They were announced last to keep people guessing at what the African civ might be, and to reward them with relief that it was a fan favorite.

The equivalent to Mongolia in this expansion is the Ottomans; they will likely be shown third or fourth to reassure buyers that this is a good expansion full of worthwhile things and that they should preorder.

The equivalent to the Zulu in this expack is Mali. To everyone unaware of the leak, they still don't know whether they will have to give up Mali for the sake of Songhai again, or a new civ like Ghana or Ashanti (imo, civs that should remain city states if anything). Mali is the same sigh of relief that the Zulu were in R&F, and the only civ that could come close to matching that as a last reveal is the Inca.

Ottomans will be an earlier announcement, because they are the least surprising addition to the roster. They'd be kind of underwhelming as a final reveal.
That is very, very sound logic sir.

The Inca. That's my story and I'm sticking to it until it comes true. :p

Whoever it is, I've got the Maori with wayfinding. I'm very happy. :D

Whoever it is, I've got the Maori with wayfinding. I'm very happy. :D
I'll know how you feel when Mali comes up...and eventually Italy.

I definitely think Canada and Sweden are next, fits in well with the winter theme!

Canada might be a good fit too because of it being the only remaining new civ (unless you count Phoenicia instead of Carthage). I think they'll be talking about the world congress a bit this week and they'd be a good civ to follow up with. Though I can definitely see the logic for Sweden too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom