(POLL) What will be the THIRD first look?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Hawke9, Dec 4, 2018.

?

What civ will be announced in the third first look?

Poll closed Dec 9, 2018.
  1. The Inca

78 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. Mali

26 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. Sweden

27 vote(s)
    12.6%
  4. Carthage/Phoenicia

36 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Canada

25 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. The Ottomans

12 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. Eleanor for England/France

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Something else, the leak may be incorrect

6 vote(s)
    2.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navelgazer

Navelgazer King

I mean, we'll have a better idea come Thursday (I'm fully on-board now for the globe-conspiracy) but my guess is Mali. Just because we did an Eastern European Renaissance-era Civ, and then a pre-colonial civ from the other side of the world. I don't think it'll be Inca because that's another pre-colonial "tribal" civ. Elanor's going to be last, Phonecians and Ottomans will both be somewhat navally-focused, and so they're out. Kristina's too close to the same era as Mattias, in addition to she and Canada both being more white people. Mali seems best-suited to being the most different from what we've seen so far. Also I'm just super-excited to see Mansa Musa come back (I loved Askia and Songhai, but hooray for the greatest African, or probably historical, commercial empire!)

(Edit: if not Mali, it'll be Canada or Sweden.)

krokobone and ChocolateShake like this.
  2. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I was really disappointed that neither the Inca or the Ottomans were released yet, I wonder if one of them will be announced on my birthday (Dec 18th, a Tuesday). I would also be pleased with Sweden (Kristina sounds interesting) and Mali (a solid civ with interesting history from an unrepresented region). Phoenicia would be enjoyable, as they're fascinating (and their Carthaginian descendents too).

ChocolateShake likes this.
  3. Greywulf

Greywulf King

Knowing that Mali is in the game is part of why I'm happy, by the way. ;)

4. jddods

jddods Prince

So am I , mate.

TahamiTsunami and Haig like this.
  5. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

With R&F, they first revealed 4 "old ones", followed by 4 "new ones" and then one old. So there is really no betting - they could be going with four new first this time.

I'm gonna vote Canada this time, because it's a modern civ from a continent they have not touched yet.

6. Naktis

Naktis Warlord

You know whats funny , a lot people betting on Inca from the very first poll , the joke would be if they come LAST :D

Cooleatack likes this.
  7. Naeshar

Naeshar Warlord

I vote Sweden. We detective Stockholm is missing and if it covers an event in the country, it will be. Plus we need a peek on science, I believe. Some building and war was shown with medieval/renaissance Hungary, culture and environment with classical Maori. Now we shall get an industrial era civ focused on science and perhaps more diplomacy.
    I think I will be wrong, but anyway.

8. Myomoto

Myomoto King

Ask me tomorrow after I've had a look at the globe in the stream :rolleyes:

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  9. GermanSettler

GermanSettler Warlord

Time for a woman, I think.

I vote for Sweden and Kristina.

10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I expect to see her around Xmas/New Years like last year when we saw Chandragupta.

blackcatatonic likes this.
  11. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

I kind of hope it's Canada just because I'm very curious to see how the civ will play out.

12. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

Incas are a long-time favourite ; they're present in the trailer ; it's a different continent than the two precedents : I think for the Incas.

The only drawback is that, usually, they don't reveal all the very interresting civs in a row. So if they reveal Incas next weak, I'm afraid they won't be as interresting as they might be (I want my cities-on-mountains civ).

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Which is why I think they will turn to the staid economic-religious powerhouse of Mali. No mid-ocean starts for them, nosiree.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  14. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

To me the least interesting reveal will be Elanor. Alternative leaders are neat but not nearly as exciting as new civilizations.

15. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Voted for Inca.

To the globe theorists: it’s possible to rotate the globe to show most of Europe, Africa, and Asia Minor at the same time. Good luck with analyzing that lol.

16. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

She was crowned Queen of England on 19th December which is the week after next - but like you I think she will be fifth, not fourth. Christmas week would make sense.

ETA: And her coronation as Queen of France was 25th December!

Haig likes this.
  17. humble serf

humble serf Chieftain

Based on the R&F reveals, I imagine the next three first looks will be:
    1. Sweden. A returning civ led by a woman (in contrast to Hungary and the Maori), and not just another seafarer like Phoenicia would be. Will also let them show off some new diplomacy features for the first time after two weeks of mostly looking at map changes and environmental mechanics.
    2. Ottomans or Inca. By far the biggest crowd-pleasers outside of these forums. Should drum up the preorder numbers and hold people's attention after a few "unusual" choices. The Inca were also in the trailer so there's no use holding onto them as a surprise.
    3. Eleanor. Alternate leaders are generally less interesting than new civs, so they'll probably stick her in the middle (four civ reveals, then Eleanor, then four more civ reveals) like they did with Chandragupta.
    I feel like Phoenicia will be one of the final first looks because they won't reveal the Cothon (which I think is gonna be a unique canal district) until the wider fanbase is already familiar with the canal system.

But I still voted for Mali because I really don't know what I'm talking about and Mali is guaranteed to be dope.

18. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

If I had to call the rest of the list at this point, I'd go:

3. Sweden (returning Civ, female leader, Western/European)
    4. Inca (returning Civ, male leader, S America)
    5. Eleanor (new female leader, Western/European)
    6. Mali (returning Civ, male leader, West Africa)
    7. Phoenicia (new Civ, female leader, ME/North Africa/Mediterranean)
    8. Canada (new Civ, male leader, Western/North America)
    9. Ottomans (returning Civ, male leader*, ME/Mediterranean)

I don't know why but I feel like they'll save Ottomans for last - maybe to mess with people after all the rage last year when it emerged they weren't in R&F ;)

* note I am assuming that the leak with Suleiman is accurate, not the one with Roxelana...

19. VainApocalypse

VainApocalypse Warlord

Assuming they evenly distribute the civs from Europe and the Mediterranean with civs outside that sphere, we should expect every second Civ to be in earshot of Europe. That means Sweden, Ottomans, or Phoenicia (Eleanor is not a civ, so I suspect she'll come last) will be next.

We haven't seen a woman yet, and we should expect one every third or fourth reveal, so we should expect to see either Dido or Kristina next (assuming Eleanor comes last).

I want to see Phoenicia, so we should expect to see Sweden next -- and we just got done seeing a heavily maritime Civ, so it won't be Phoenicia.

Sweden will be the next reveal.

Followed by Inca/Mali/Canada, followed by Ottomans, followed by Inca/Mali/Canada, followed by Phoenicia, followed by Inca/Mali/Canada with Eleanor as a bonus reveal.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  20. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I don't know which will be next, but the one I'd like to see is Phoenicia. I'm curious to see what they do with it to differentiate it from the various versions of Carthage we've seen before.

Zaarin, johnlynch13957 and Siptah like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.