[R&F] Poll: which are the last 3 R&F civs?

Which are the last three expansion civs to be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Georgia is taking up the Ottomans spot by representing that region for the expansion. Inca need to be in for South America to have more than just Brazil. We need another African nation... my bet is on Mali with Mansa Musa who should really be a Civ regular. Finally, I think it's too weird of a coincidence for ALL the Italian City States to be missing so far so I think Italy makes it in too.

These are my thoughts... Inca, Italy, Mali

Yes, but this one was actually incredibly competent and was one of the main stabilizing factors in the politics of the Italian city states.

I know. I was just poking fun at the French leader. :crazyeye:

If Italy or a confederation of Italian City States is to be in the game, he is a fine choice.

I would guess they're selected by a team with a heavy influence from the lead designer. In which case I so far like Anton's tastes better than Ed's. :p
I would think it was likely there was some type of 'roadmap' developed in the initial planning stages of the game, which, of course, would be modified over time.

I think Georgia is taking up the Ottomans spot by representing that region for the expansion. Inca need to be in for South America to have more than just Brazil. We need another African nation... my bet is on Mali with Mansa Musa who should really be a Civ regular. Finally, I think it's too weird of a coincidence for ALL the Italian City States to be missing so far so I think Italy makes it in too.

These are my thoughts... Inca, Italy, Mali

I definitely think an "Italian states" will make it in at some point, although they could certainly sell well as a single civ/dual leader pack later as a DLC.

I definitely feel that they should include one South American civ, and one African one. What the last one is, I'm not sure.

Isn't Ed "Series Designer"? I think this might mean Anton reports to him.

Civ VI is Ed’s “baby.”

Anton should be the lead designer for Civ VII.

In which case I so far like Anton's tastes better than Ed's.
Really? In the Base game, I would say the only Civs that were questionable choices were Scythia and Brazil.

Unless you are counting the leaders as well...

Really? In the Base game, I would say the only Civs that were questionable choices were Scythia and Brazil.

I was counting both, yes. So far I've liked all of R&F's civ and leader choices, even if I'm less than thrilled with some of the actual designs.

Scythia was an excellent choice. Always needed more than one steppe nomad Civ. Northern Eurasia is a huge area.

Scythia was an excellent choice. Always needed more than one steppe nomad Civ. Northern Eurasia is a huge area.
Scythia was a mixed bag. It was a cool idea, but Tomyris' historicity is dubious (based solely on Herodotus, who even admits her story is dubious) and her city list is appalling. Plus her inclusion somehow turned Cyrus into Civ6's mustachio-twirling villain. Parthia would have been a much better choice for an Iranian steppe civ.

Scythia was a mixed bag. It was a cool idea, but Tomyris' historicity is dubious (based solely on Herodotus, who even admits her story is dubious) and her city list is appalling. Plus her inclusion somehow turned Cyrus into Civ6's mustachio-twirling villain. Parthia would have been a much better choice for an Iranian steppe civ.

Meh. Scythia deserved to be in. If they can have the legendary Gilgamesh lead Sumeria then Tomyris is more than fine. And of course the city list is appalling as Scythia really didn’t build many cities.

So, a good choice and great for TSL. The can have Parthia for Civ VII.

Meh. Scythia deserved to be in. If they can have the legendary Gilgamesh lead Sumeria then Tomyris is more than fine. And of course the city list is appalling as Scythia really didn’t build many cities.

So, a good choice and great for TSL. The can have Parthia for Civ VII.
I didn't say I liked Gilgacles, either. :p Should have been Gudea or Ur-Nammu or even Kung-Bau. Though to be fair, we're at least very certain Bilgamesh existed, since his inscriptions and cylinder seals have been found in Uruk.

I agree Scythia was a great choice! ...but next time don't give them all military/combat bonuses (with the exception of the very weak Kurgan)

But what language can the Parthian leader speak? Is the Parthian language well attested?
(I know they made Tomyris speak Ossetian instead of the poorly attested Scythian language)

Does Sogdia or the Kushans count as steppe Civs? I wouldn't mind seeing those instead of Scythia.

Plus her inclusion somehow turned Cyrus into Civ6's mustachio-twirling villain. Parthia would have been a much better choice for an Iranian steppe civ.
Should have changed Cyrus agenda then and still include Scythia. :p
Was that smiley always green without the Santa hat?

But what language can the Parthian leader speak? Is the Parthian language well attested?
(I know they made Tomyris speak Ossetian instead of the poorly attested Scythian language)
Parthian was the court language of the Arsacids and is reasonably well attested; our knowledge of its vocabulary has also been greatly expanded thanks to loanwords into Armenian. So while it's not as well attested as Middle Persian of the Sassanids it's certainly usable.

Should have changed Cyrus agenda then and still include Scythia. :p
Was that smiley always green without the Santa hat?
They certainly should have changed Cyrus' agenda, at any rate.

I didn't say I liked Gilgacles, either. :p Should have been Gudea or Ur-Nammu or even Kung-Bau. Though to be fair, we're at least very certain Bilgamesh existed, since his inscriptions and cylinder seals have been found in Uruk.

Kung-Bau is a bad choice due to the fact that it sounds too much like Chinese food. ;)

Ur-Nammu is fine.

I agree Scythia was a great choice! ...but next time don't give them all military/combat bonuses (with the exception of the very weak Kurgan)

Scythian combat bonuses also apply to theological combat. Scythia can be a very powerful religious victory civ.

Kung-Bau is a bad choice due to the fact that it sounds too much like Chinese food. ;)

Ur-Nammu is fine.

I think the name is actually Kug-Bau/aka Kubaba, not Kung-Bau....:lol:

If they had the name Kung-Bau, I would think of Kung Pao Chicken.

Top Bottom