[R&F] Poll: which are the last 3 R&F civs?

Which are the last three expansion civs to be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please give me the Inca. I want a mountain Civ and I want condors, llamas, alpacas, maca and quinoa. I want heaps of gold and silver and knotted string for a “written” language. I want mountain Petra and a unique government Machu Picchu district.

No bowler hats please.

I think the name is actually Kug-Bau/aka Kubaba, not Kung-Bau....:lol:

If they had the name Kung-Bau, I would think of Kung Pao Chicken.
Kubaba is the Akkadian form. Kug-Bau is just a lazy transcription of Kuĝ-Bau, which is pronounced like Kung-Bau. ;)

Kubaba is the Akkadian form. Kug-Bau is just a lazy transcription of Kuĝ-Bau, which is pronounced like Kung-Bau. ;)

The Sumerian language sounds a bit like Chinese then....:lol: I mean they have "lim" in some of their names too.

Please give me the Inca. I want a mountain Civ and I want condors, llamas, alpacas, maca and quinoa. I want heaps of gold and silver and knotted string for a “written” language. I want mountain Petra and a unique government Machu Picchu district.

No bowler hats please.

The bowler hats will come when, dare I say, Vicky forms her empire.

The Sumerian language sounds a bit like Chinese then....:lol: I mean they have "lim" in some of their names too.
Three big differences: long words, word-initial velar nasals (true of some Sino-Tibetan languages but not Mandarin), and no tone*. :p But to add to the similarities, it's very probable that rather than voiced and unvoiced consonants, Sumerian distinguished aspirated/unaspirated consonants.

*There is a fringe theory that Sumerian had tone based on the fact that there are a few identical syllable signs. But since these are often used interchangeably, it's a very shaky theory.

Three big differences: long words, word-initial velar nasals (true of some Sino-Tibetan languages but not Mandarin), and no tone*. :p But to add to the similarities, it's very probable that rather than voiced and unvoiced consonants, Sumerian distinguished aspirated/unaspirated consonants.

*There is a fringe theory that Sumerian had tone based on the fact that there are a few identical syllable signs. But since these are often used interchangeably, it's a very shaky theory.

I really wished Gilgamesh actually spoke Sumerian now instead of Old Akkadian. :cry: Are there any good videos on the internet of people speaking actual reconstructed Sumerian?

I really wished Gilgamesh actually spoke Sumerian now instead of Old Akkadian. :cry: Are there any good videos on the internet of people speaking actual reconstructed Sumerian?
Sadly not that I know of or can find quickly. A fair number of decently spoken Akkadian, but not Sumerian that I can find. I don't understand why: the language is well-attested and Sumerian cuneiform obviously fits Sumerian better than Akkadian. :(

Sadly not that I know of or can find quickly. A fair number of decently spoken Akkadian, but not Sumerian that I can find. I don't understand why: the language is well-attested and Sumerian cuneiform obviously fits Sumerian better than Akkadian. :(

I guess the Sumerians really are forgotten today....So much for being the first Civilization....
I don't expect to find videos of people speaking Hittite either.

To go back on topic, I hope my three votes (Zulu, Italy, Celts) are wrong and we get the Inca, Mali, and the Ottomans....
I'm not sure what regions/time periods Anton Strenger has an interest in, but if we knew, that could help us predict the last three R&F Civs.

No bowler hats please.

I got dizzy for a moment there. Too much excitement in one post and I live in La Paz where I have Condors close by, relatively speaking, llamas and alpacas closer, will probably be eating quinoa next week and maca, well, its around. So, to sum it up: BRING ON THE INCA!

I got dizzy for a moment there. Too much excitement in one post and I live in La Paz where I have Condors close by, relatively speaking, llamas and alpacas closer, will probably be eating quinoa next week and maca, well, its around. So, to sum it up: BRING ON THE INCA!

You live in La Paz? Wow!

I really want to visit Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay and Bolivia. I have a dream. ^^

Yes, bring on the Inca!

It's just in the air. You're feeling it too. :thumbsup:

That sweet, cool mountain air that the condors soar majestically on.

The green verdant valleys that llamas and alpacas dine upon.

The dusty mountain roads that the quinoa fueled porters trudge down.

The glint of gold glistening from the clear mountain streams and lakes.

Yes! Yes! I can see it too!

Bring on the Inca!

Scythia was a mixed bag. It was a cool idea, but Tomyris' historicity is dubious (based solely on Herodotus, who even admits her story is dubious) and her city list is appalling. Plus her inclusion somehow turned Cyrus into Civ6's mustachio-twirling villain. Parthia would have been a much better choice for an Iranian steppe civ.

Herodotus.... dubious........... no, it can't be! :p

Inca, Mali, Oceania. That's just my take on it!

The stately puyas in full bloom!

The snow capped mountain peaks in the cool morning air...

The busy market stalls selling cloth and leather.

I can see the glorious Machu Picchu as we emerge over the next ridge.

I am in rapture.

There is a melody wafting in the breeze...

Can you hear it?

Top Bottom