[R&F] Poll: which are the last 3 R&F civs?

Which are the last three expansion civs to be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My own hopes aside, and considering the CS's that have been spotted in R&F (ruling out Portugal, Carthage, Maya, and Babylon), I'm thinking that there is a good chance of seeing the Inca, Zulu, and Celts (in some form ~ might be Scotland, but that would annoy me since Great Britain is in the game...Look at the British flag and you'll understand, study the history of Britain and it's Monarchy and you will understand even more). That being said, that blurred leader we were trying to work out does not appear to be either of those three, so I'm thinking one of my own guesses is wrong...just don't know which, and they all seem like likely candidates.
Perhaps some of the members are right that the blurred picture leader is for Mapuche, but I'm skeptical about that, as I don't think they will add both Inca and Mapuche together in this expansion, and Inca would be the first choice of both of those civs. Also, the Mapuche leader is generally depicted with feathers, which the blurred image lacks...doesn't have to have feathers, but just makes me think it is less likely. Antioch is a CS, so that makes me feel somewhat doubtful for Zenobia, but also doubtful that the Ottomans are in this time. Anyway, I've given up trying to work out who the person is, so I will just wait and see which one I got wrong...(I do think that 2 of my choices will be right, but I can't say which 2, lol)

Who I wish I could vote for? Mali, Polynesia, Inca. (Thank goodness I really think Inca are in this time!)

Attachments

• who.png
    who.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 64
Well, that still lives Gudea of the three I proposed. :p

Hungary, +1 south America (Tupi), +1 Middle Eastern (Assyrians)

Finland has yet to make appearance in any of the Civilization games, so I am hoping that Firaxis gets around to adding them in at some point. It would also be nice to see the French Canadians represented in the game, but that appears unlikely to happen as well.

With that said, the Hungarians and the Lithuanians are two significant nations that have yet to be represented in the game. I would also suggest the Bohemians / Moravians, but since Firaxis chose to use the Holy Roman empire for Germany (of which the Czech's were members), it would be difficult to include them as a separate nation.

Finland DLC!

UB: Distillery - If the city has access to wheat, gets +1 vodka (amenity / luxury resource) per wheat.

I'd go for the Inca and the Mali. However, I really don't know about the third one. I hope it's a new civilization that we haven't seen before though, probably from Africa, the Caribbean, or South America. Colombia, Argentina, Haiti, Ashanti, Swahili. I don't really mind on that front much. As long as it's new!

Inca, Mali/Ashanti, Italy.

Reasons for the Inca have been frequently explained by others. I think it's extremely unlikely that they would add another South American nation, modern or pre-colonial, at this point before the Inca. Maya would be the likeliest candidate but they are out.

Mali have finally superseded Ottomans in my expectations. The main reason is because an Ottomans and Byzantium DLC sounds like quite a convincing money spinner. Africa is poorly represented and enough people here seem to expect another African Civ to convince me. I'm also worried that Italy and Ottomans are mutually exclusive because I can't see either of them having a unique Improvement and we know there are two of those left. I still think that not having one more European Civ in the expansion is wishful thinking and so that means that if one is out, it's Ottomans. I voted for Mali here but I also consider Ashanti a likely alternative.

And yes, I fully intend to ride the Italy train all the way to the station (barring any Celt or Zulu derailments...)

As per the "New Features Video" thread:

New Guy.png

To me, doesn't really look too Incan. Looks more... humble. Unless that's the direction they wanted to take him?

Lautaro?

Strong resemblance here.

Just changed my Inca vote to other South American, now Mapuche is more likely than ever. Though Inca's color in Civ4 was shades of blue

As per the "New Features Video" thread:

View attachment 485545

To me, doesn't really look too Incan. Looks more... humble. Unless that's the direction they wanted to take him?

Lautaro?

Strong resemblance here.
Good. Now, my secret hopes for the mysterious figure being a Byzantine leader are gone :cry:

However, I'm okay with Mapuche. We need more South American Civs.

Just changed my Inca vote to other South American, now Mapuche is more likely than ever. Though Inca's color in Civ4 was shades of blue
Inca's colours weren't shades of blue. They were gold and burgundy. Their flag in Europa Universalis is blue though though.

Looks like it's either Inca or Mapuche however. Maybe some Polynesian or SE-Asian leader we're unaware of?

Mapuche, Ashanti and not sure about the third one (Ottomans as staple, Italy as newcomer, or a third surprising choice?), i'm still going for Ottomans but it wouldn't surprise me if they save them for DLC. So, Mapuche, Ashanti and Ottomans is my bet now.

I dreamt tonight about the Ashanti, that's why I changed, and I recently also changed my thought from not Inca's to a different South-American tribe and it looks like i'm right. I dreamt about civ revealing the three leftover civs, i forgot the other two, but Ashanti was one of them :D, and i have had so many weird dreams that i just tend to believe my dreams even if they don't make sense.

Mapuche, Ashanti and not sure about the third one (Ottomans as staple, Italy as newcomer, or a third surprising choice?), i'm still going for Ottomans but it wouldn't surprise me if they save them for DLC. So, Mapuche, Ashanti and Ottomans is my bet now.

I dreamt tonight about the Ashanti, that's why I changed, and I recently also changed my thought from not Inca's to a different South-American tribe and it looks like i'm right. I dreamt about civ revealing the three leftover civs, i forgot the other two, but Ashanti was one of them :D, and i have had so many weird dreams that i just tend to believe my dreams even if they don't make sense.

If you're right, the Cree, Georgia, Mapuche and Ashanti in one expansion is a strikingly bold set of decisions. I'd have liked the odds on calling that back when Rise & Fall was announced!

upload_2018-1-16_9-56-26.jpeg

I posted this on the other thread but I don't see the Incas using blue, or two different shades of blue.

Top Bottom