1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Poll: which are the last 4 R&F civs?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WillowBrook, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which are the last four expansion civs to be revealed?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2018.
  1. Ottoman Turks

76.3%
  2. Mali/Ghana/Songhai

47.1%
  3. Kilwa/Swahili

5.0%
  4. Zulu

17.9%
  5. Carthage

22.5%
  6. Inca

83.8%
  7. Georgia

35.4%
  8. Italy

21.7%
  9. Byzantine Empire

12.5%
  10. Maya

8.8%
  11. Portugal

6.3%
  12. Celts (in some form)

6.7%
  13. Phoenicians

5.0%
  14. Other South America

1.7%
  15. Other Central America/Caribbean

0.8%
  16. Other North America

5.0%
  17. Other Africa

11.3%
  18. Other Middle East

4.6%
  19. Other Europe

9.6%
  20. Central Asian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Southeast Asian

1.3%
  22. Oceanian

4.6%
  23. Other

0.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

You get four votes. Who will the last four be?

Note: I put the most common guesses I've seen toward the top, then less common and/or unlikely guesses, then regions.

If you pick a region, please specify your guess in a comment.

Poll closes 48 hours from this post, in case of leaks (intentional or otherwise) over the weekend.

2. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Chieftain

Kilwa, Portugal and Maya are out because of CSes (assuming the CSes are reliable, we don't know when the videos are recorded).

With two Asian civs now and the recent Indonesia/Khmer pack, I don't see Asia getting any more attention for R&F. Maybe another Polynesian civ, but that also seems really unlikely.

Picked Other Africa, Inca and Ottomans. The fourth is a total wildcard to me. It could be anybody. Georgia has the lead in my mind, but we really don't know.

For Africa, I'm hoping for Ashanti.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  3. Haig

Haig Chieftain

Inca+Ottoman+Georgia

and as Other, Europe I think Venice, like in other thread I speculated that because Ed was researching channels in twitter, it's for Venice UI.

4. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

We can't know for certain how reliable the videos are, so that's why I included them. Plus, people keep guessing them anyway in other threads. :p

Phoenix1595 likes this.
  5. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

See signature.

Haig likes this.
  6. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Went for Ottoman, Mali, Inca, Georgia. Think those are the most likely. Ottoman because they're big, Inca because a big native American civ is to be expected (and imo most north American civs don't fit the label big like Inca, Maya, Aztec do), Mali because they're one of the biggest African civs and Georgia as dark horse and nod towards the community.

7. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

I went for my hopes:

Ottomans, because they’re not in the game yet

Inca, likewise

Then

Mali or Ethiopia as an African Civ- I was leaning towards Mali but we’ve already seen a lot of trade boosts so maybe not...

Georgia because I think we’ll get another “European” Civ and this sounds more interesting right now than the Celts. Would be a faith based Civ maybe?

8. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

I'm only voting for the obvious two choices: Inca and Ottomans.

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Inca, Mali, Ottomans (as I mentioned in the other thread, South America, Subsarhan Africa, and Middle East need representation this expansion), the wild card one I'm going with Italy.

DeutschDachs likes this.
  10. evanaurora

evanaurora Chieftain

I'm with the consensus on Inca/Ottomans/Mali-Ghana-Songhai (I'm personally hoping for the Ashanti empire but Mali's probably the most likely). I ended up taking the milquetoast "other" option for the fourth because I'm really unsure. Either a complete dark horse, a European civ, or an "ancient/classical" civ from the Mediterranean/Middle East. But.... that's a pretty big span of options there, lol.

I haven't been convinced by the arguments for Italy, Carthage or Georgia particularly yet. I wouldn't be surprised by, or dislike, any of them. (In the final slot I mentioned above, lol. Adamantly not two or more of them. Inca and a major West African civ being non-negotiable in my mind, and the Ottomans almost guaranteed at this point.) But I have no gut feeling in any one way so I can't possibly choose.

My fear at this point is that there will be two European civs alongside the Inca and Ottomans. So for the sake of my blood pressure I hope the Mali are announced soon. ;)

11. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Canada Inca Vietnam and someone else. ;)

slyone14 likes this.
  12. Prima Italia

Prima Italia Chieftain

I am waiting for Byzantium.

Greek Stud and Thormodr like this.
  13. Onii-chan

Onii-chan Chieftain

Ottomans and Inca seem like the most probable 2 to me. Beyond that who knows, but I think we'll get one more African civ at least, though idk which

14. kaspergm

kaspergm Warlord

Georgia seems like a given.

:p

15. Duckfromstatefarm

Duckfromstatefarm Chieftain

Obviously the Inca is a no brainer, a South America civ is needed and the Inca can fill that spot to challenge Brazil on the TSL Earth map. Ottomans are heavily requested so I won't be surprised if they are in. Georgia is hinted in the trailer thanks to the mongol battle scene, and Tamar of Georgia could be the leader that plays the ages well. I may be in the minority on the fourth one, but I am expecting a surprise new civ in the middle east and that civ is Palmyra, it could also be Syria or Aram but the leader that would be leading it is Zenobia. If there are going to be 4 female leaders, we already have two (Seondeok and Wilhelmina) and Georgia is the most likely the third leader in the female leader category. The ottomans and the Inca are most likely going to have male leaders, I could be wrong on the blurred Female leader spotted on the first livestream, but if its not Tamar of Georgia chances are it may be Zenobia or some other Arab/Asian/Native American female leader.

16. Tomice

Tomice Passionate Smart-Ass

The Inca are extremely likely due to the lack of south american civs. Either them or the Maya are almost 100% sure.
    The Ottomans are also very likely due to being "more important" historically than most contenders. Plus we only have one predominantly muslim civ yet (not sure if Indonesia as depicted here qualifies).

There are strong hints towards Georgia, and a very fitting female leader is also a big plus. Still, I don't see them as given. Would like to see them, though.

Carthage and the Byzantine Empire are very likely to come at some point, but they are also very attractive as potential DLC. I'm pretty sure they have more sales potential than many other candidates.
    Portugal would be too similar to the dutch to appear in this expansion.

What about Austria? Sure, it was never very homogeneous, but was nevertheless among the most important powers for several centuries.
    Then, again, they have the same problem as portugal - they are from the same cultural group as the netherlands.

slyone14 likes this.
  17. slyone14

slyone14 Chieftain

Although mine are more total wildcards and highly doubtful. They are on my wish list. Italy, Vietnan, Polynesia and a Native American civ of some sort.

I just don't see anymore previous civs being included. If so they would have before Cree announcement

18. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Ottoman and Inca are given. I really hoped for Kilwa/Swahili civ but since Zanzibar would logically be high on their city list they are 99% certainly not in R&F.
    I hope we will see both Mali with Mansa Musa and another African civ, Ashanti would be really cool but could be considered a bit close geographically to Mali, but no if you compare to Europe! So why not both. Asia seems to get a lot of civs, and Europe gets both Ottoman and the Netherlands, so two African civs are not impossible. Georgia seems a bit in between the Ottomans, Persia, Russia and Scythia but maybe they are in the game?

19. Guatenadian

Guatenadian Chieftain

Palenque was spotted as a CS in the livestream meaning they are very unlikely for R&F.

20. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Chieftain

Putting my money on Inca, Ottomans, Mali, and Italy.

Civ just needs the Inca and Ottomans to feel complete so it would be shocking to me if they did not make it.

Mali makes a lot of sense to me in a game about big personalities for leaders. Mansa Musa would be incredible in Civ VI.

Italy really seems perfect for the governor system and the lack of ANY Italian City States in the videos so far just seems like it can't be a coincidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.