Poll: Yet another Government proposal

Do you like this proposal?

• Yes. Set it in effect immediatly!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Set it in effect after the current elections.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yes. Set it in effect for term 5.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nearly, if we change ... (specify in thread)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No. This proposal is stupid / The current system is better!

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Cheetah

Deity
Please vote and / or discuss. :)

Earlier discussion can be found here

Short Description

All members are Senators in the Senate of Fanatikou. For each term they elect one Emperor to be the symbolic head of state. The Emperor would also have the primary responsibilities for any domestic issue, and should maintain a list of who are allowed to play the save.
The Senate would also elect 4 Ambassadors and 1 Judicator. The Ambassadors shall be the primary contact for the other civilizations, and the Judicator has the primary responsibility to make sure all laws are upheld.
In addition, the Senate can elect members to have the primary responsibility to overlook our military units in an area.

These elected positions will have the primary responsibilities to make sure things are done, but it is the Senate who in the end has all the responsibility and all the power.

Constitution

Section A. The Government

§ 1.
All Civfanatics Forum users who register in the Citizen Registry are Senators of Fanatikou. Senators have the right to assemble, the right to free movement, the right to free speech, the right to a fair trial, the right to representation, the right to demand satisfaction and the right to vote and to use their power.

§ 2.
Governing rules shall consist of the Sections and Paragraphs of the Constitution, the Code of Laws and the Code of Standards. No laws shall be passed that conflict with an article and no standards shall be used that conflict with a law or an article.

§ 3.
The constitution, laws and standards of Fanatikou can never be contrary to the rules and regulations of the Civfanatics forums. Moderators may veto any such constitutional amendments, laws or standards.

§ 4.
The government will consist of the Senate of Fanatikou.

§ 5.
The Senate will elect an Emperor of Fanatikou, who will be the head of state for symbolic reasons, Ambassadors of Fanatikou to be the primary contact for other Civilisations, and a Judicator of Fanatikou to deal with judicial problems that the Senate can not handle alone.

§ 6.
The Senate will, at appropiate times, share the world into different military zones. Zones can be divided into new zones, and old zones can be merged together. For each zone the Senate will elect an Admiral or General to have the primary responsibility for Fanatikous forces in the zone, and the security and control of the zone. [This includes making battle plans.]

§ 7.
No Senator can hold more than one elected position at the same time.

§ 8.
All treaties and actions shall be voted for in the Senate, as far as it is efficient. As an example, the exact movement of a unit or the exact tiles a city will work, does not need to be voted on.

§ 9.
The Emperor has the primary responsibilities of overseeing workers, settlers, cities, wonders, luxury and science sliders and resources found inside the borders. He is also responsible for maintaining a list of the Senators who are allowed to play the save. He shall also maintain a thread containing the current orders for the Senator who plays the save.

§ 10.
The Ambassadors has the primary responsibilities for treaties, trades, espionage, alliances and any other dealings with their respective civilisation. They shall also maintain a list of treaties we have with their respective civilisation and remind the Senate if those treaties need to be renewed.

§ 11.
The Judicator has the primary responsibility of overseeing the Senate and making sure the laws are upheld, and take appropiate steps if the laws are not upheld. He is also responsible for that the judicial process is started if at least three Senators demands an investigation of another Senator. The demand can be made publicly, in a judiciary thread, or private, through PM or other channel.

§ 12.
In the event any leader takes a temporary leave of absence, he shall appoint a pro-tempore official to fill that position until the leader shall return.

§ 13.
If any of the elected positions becomes vacant, the Emperor will assign a new Senator to the position until the Senate can hold an election to fill the position.

If the Emperors position becomes vacant, the Judicator will assign a new Senator to the position until the Senate can hold an election to fill the position.

Section B. Elections

§ 14.
Elections shall be held every 25 turns. Nomination thread(s) shall be started at least 6 turns before the next term begins, and Election thread(s) shall be started at least 3 turns before the beginning of the next term. Both nominations and elections shall last for a minimum of 48 hours.

§ 15.
Any Senator can start a poll to take the Emperor, the Judicator, an Ambassador, Admiral or General out of office. For this poll to be valid, however, the demand must be seconed by at least 2 other Senators. The poll must run for a minimum of 48 hours, and if it is decided to take the leader out of office, an election has to be started to find the new leader. Only those who was nominated and accepted the nomination in the poll, can be elected. The election poll must run for a minimum of 24 hours. When this election is over, the new leader will take office.

Section C. Playing of the Save

§ 16.
It is unlawful to play through actions, move troops, make deals or take any other action that would change the state of the playing game from that of the saved game.

§ 17.
When a Senator plays the save, he shall do so according to the will of the Senate, and to the best of his abilities. During the playing, the Senator shall confere with the turn instructions thread maintained by the Emperor, and shall also try to notify any other Senator that the save is being played. The Senator should also join IRC if possible and discuss the playing with any Senators present.

Section D. Ratification of Treaties

§ 18.
In matters of extremely urgent national security (ex. impending invasion), a 2-hour poll can be posted by any Senator stating what kind of crisis has emerged. When the 2 hours has passed the majority of the votes are the desicion of the Senate. However, any Senator may claim that it was not an extremely urgent crisis, and demand a investigation of the incident.

§ 19.
In treaties involving relations with foreign nations, such as alliances, non-agression pacts, peace treaties, and declarations of war, a poll must be posted. It shall be open for a minimum of 48 hours, in which a simple majority of voters must approve the ratification.

§ 20.
In agreements involving foreign trade of luxuries, resources, technology, et cetera, ratification may only occur in a poll open for a minimum of 48 hours, with an affirmitive response by a simple majority of voters.

Hmm, I beleve that having this be effective after the elections would be wize :).

Wonder who voted against it...

But, like Brig. general Jade said, it should be put into action strait after the elections.

Nearly 24 hours and only 4 votes. :(

Please at least vote or say something. If you don't want to change government then just vote on the "No"-option, so I at least know what you feel about this proposal, and if I should bother trying to make another one if this isn't wanted.

I voted to change this proposal. I think we need an additional article on how to amend this constitution, and additionally I think we should set it into effect starting on Term 5. If we set it into effect immediately then the nominations (and possibly even elections) will have to be restarted, and if we set it into effect immediately after the elections there will be absolutely no point in holding the elections in the first place. Additionally, I don't really see the point in changing our government drastically...there isn't a real need for it, so I'm neutral on this proposal.

Well right now everything is running quite smoothly, but only a month ago participation from our team was extremely low. And I think that realy hurt our ability to control our nation...

I dislike this idea. It is well thought out, but I believe we should stick with what we have for formeliarities sake.

I don't think it is stupid, but I voted for the last option.

Over 72 hours and the majority wants to keep the current system.

Which right now seems to be working great. :)

Lets just keep the participation level high. :)

Top Bottom