Polls for leaders of possible expansion Civs?

Guandao

Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka
I have this idea. I was thinking of creating several polls for leaders of expansion Civs. Basically, who you want to represent the Civ for Civ6. Should I do this or is it a waste of time?

Here's my list of Civs (with possible poll choices):
Byzantines
Alexios I Komnenos
Basil II
Justinian
Theodora
Carthage
Dido
Hamilcar Barca
Hannibal Barca
Celts
Boudicca
Brennus
Brian Boru
Cunobeline
Llywelyn the Great
Robert the Bruce
Vercingetorix
Ethiopia
Amda Seyon I
Haile Selassie
Menelik II
Zara Yaqob
Inca
Atahualpa
Huayna Capac
Pachacuti
Topa Inca Yupanqui
Korea
Gwanggaeto the Great
Myeongseong
Sejong
Seondeok of Silla
Taejo of Goryeo
Maya
Jasaw Chan K'awiil I
Lady K'abel
Lady Six Sky
Lady Xoc
Pacal
Uaxaclajuun Ub'aah K'awiil
Yohl Ik'nal
Yuknoom Ch'een II
Mongols
Genghis Khan
Kublai Khan
Ogedei Khan
Native Americans (it makes sense to lump them together, whichever leader you pick will dictate which Amerindian group is added into the game)
Black Hawk
Chief Joseph
Crazy Horse
Hiawatha
Gall
Geronimo
John Ross
Manuelito
Massasoit
Metacomet
Osceola
Pocatello
Pontiac
Powhatan
Quanah Parker
Red Cloud
Seattle
Sitting Bull
Tecumseh
Thayendanegea
Netherlands
Johan de Witt
Maurice of Nassau
Wilhelmina
Willem van Oranje
Ottomans
Mehmed the Conqueror
Selim I
Suleiman the Great
Polynesia
Hongi Hika
Kamehameha I
Te Rauparaha
Portugal
Henry the Navigator
Joao II
Maria I (maybe not :p)
Southeast Asians (not sure if I should break it up, maybe it would be which SE Asian leader you would like to see the most in Civ6)
Alaungpaya
Anawrahta
Bayinnaung
Gajah Mada
Hayam Wuruk
Le Loi
Le Thanh Tong
Narai
Naresuan
Ramkhamhaeng
Shin Sawbu
Tribhuwana
Trung Sisters

Last edited:
I am thinking that since Scythia has the horse archer civ locked down we could see Kublai Khan make his return for the Mongols. Still a war monger but maybe a cultural bonus for capturing cities? Likes civs that send trade routes to him, dislikes civs that don't trade with him.

My main concern about this is that, assuming one thread for each civ (and as far as I'm aware, there's no way to do multiple polls in the same thread), running all of them would take up a lot of space. There are already over half a dozen elimination threads active (most of them leader focused), and if you add in at least as many leader polls, things start to approach a point where you open Ideas and Suggestions and see literally nothing but elimination threads and leader polls.

Maybe we could do threads or polls by region--so one for African civs, another for Native American civs, another for European civs, etc.

Maybe we could do threads or polls by region--so one for African civs, another for Native American civs, another for European civs, etc.

For leaders or for Civs?

I'm going to hold off doing these polls until the SE Asian DLC is released, so around late 2017/early 2018, when speculation about 1st Expansion for Civ6 starts to begin. I might have a poll where people vote for which Civs they want in an Expansion (and limit the number of Civs they can choose to 9). Firaxis might release less Civs than that, depending on how many Alt leaders they will add. Or maybe not.

Maybe for leaders and civs (I.e. 2-3 from each Civ). Hopefully that means it doesn't get too crowded but we get some diversity.

Options could be presented like this:
-Sitting Bull (Sioux/Lakota)
-Tecumseh (Shawnee)

I think it's never too early to speculate re: the expansion since it will be a long wait in any event and they won't be giving is too much information about which regions will be represented for the expansion. But maybe they will surprise. We can certainly hold off on SE Asia until after the DLC, of course.

If I understand correctly, this would be elimination thread where we will be picking leaders from Civs (even the never before seen) for expansion pack, and in this thread, we're posting suggestions, right? If yes, I have some choices... *thinks of Bohemian kings*

If I understand correctly, this would be elimination thread where we will be picking leaders from Civs (even the never before seen) for expansion pack, and in this thread, we're posting suggestions, right? If yes, I have some choices... *thinks of Bohemian kings*

I didn't intend for this to become elimination thread, just polls for leaders of Civ veterans (like Portugal, Netherlands, Celts, Maya, Korea, Incas etc).

I didn't intend for this to become elimination thread, just polls for leaders of Civ veterans (like Portugal, Netherlands, Celts, Maya, Korea, Incas etc).
Oh... Ok then...

You might add Myeongseong for Korean Civ and Selim I for Ottomans. Abdülmecid I would be also interesting choice.

Oh... Ok then...

You might add Myeongseong for Korean Civ and Selim I for Ottomans. Abdülmecid I would be also interesting choice.

When I do the poll for the Expansion Civs (unrelated to these individual polls for Civ leaders), I will add Eastern European country (Bohemia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, etc) as an option. :D Makes more sense to put them into one category since Firaxis hasn't represented them in the games yet, except for Poland.

So the Poll choices for the Expansion Civs will be:
African Civ (Ashanti, Benin, Hausa, Somalia, Swahili, Zimbabwe, etc)
Assyria/Babylon
Austria
Byzantines
Carthage
Celts (any version of them, either unified or separate like Gauls, Ireland, Scotland, etc)
Central Asian Civ (Kazakhs, Timurids, Uzbeks, Tibet etc)
Colonial Civ (Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Gran Colombia, New Zealand, etc)
Denmark/Sweden
Eastern European Civ (Bohemia, Hungary, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Kievan Rus etc)
Ethiopia
Hittites
Incas
Italy (any version of them, either unified or separate like Venice, Tuscany, Papal States, etc)
Korea
Mali/Songhai
Maya
Middle Eastern Civ (Israel/Hebrews, Phoenicia, Mitanni, Elam, Palmyra, Nabataea, Yemen/Saba, etc)
Mongolia
Morocco/other North African Civ
Native American Civ (Iroquois, Shoshone, Sioux)
Netherlands
Oceanian Civ (Australian Aboriginals, Papuans, Micronesians, Fiji, etc)
Ottomans
Polynesia (any version of them, either unified or separate like Hawaii, Maori, Tonga, Samoa, etc)
Portugal
South Asian Civ (Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Mughals, Cholas, etc)
South American Native Civ (Muisca, Chimu, Guarani, Mapuche, Tupi, etc)
Southeast Asian Civ (Burma, Champa, Khmer, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Siam, Vietnam, etc)
Western European Civ (Belgium, Switzerland, etc)
Zulus

Some that I've in mind now:

African Civ (Yaa Asantewaa)
Colonial Civ (Eva Perón, Justo José de Urquiza, Lester B. Pearson, Simón Bolívar)
Denmark/Sweden (Gustavus Adolphus, ‎Harald Bluetooth)
Italy (Enrico Dandolo, Lorenzo de Medici)
Middle Eastern Civ (David King, Solomon King)
South American Native Civ (Cunhambebe)

Polls based on civs rather than leaders were done about 6 months ago (broken down by region, because the list gets very long very fast, unless you use blob categories that are enormous beyond the point of being useful). Between that and the still ongoing elimination thread, its probably a bit soon for another set of civ polls.

As far as the leader polls are concerned, I wonder if it would be possible/a good idea to consolidate them into a "sub-sub forum" so that they can be appropriately broken down without crowding everything else out of Ideas and Suggestions, but that's presumably a question for a moderator.

I would rather that not all African or Native American civs get lumped together--especially for Africa they are likely to have multiple African civs in the expansion.

For example, Civ V had Morocco, Songhai, Egypt, Ethiopia, Zulu...right now we have Egypt, Nubia, Kongo; so I expect at least two more or three more (likely Zulus, Ethiopia and Mali, but hopefully also cool and similarly powerful empires like the Ashanti, whose numbers of warriors were second only to those of the Zulu if I recall).

I would rather that not all African or Native American civs get lumped together--especially for Africa they are likely to have multiple African civs in the expansion.

For example, Civ V had Morocco, Songhai, Egypt, Ethiopia, Zulu...right now we have Egypt, Nubia, Kongo; so I expect at least two more or three more (likely Zulus, Ethiopia and Mali, but hopefully also cool and similarly powerful empires like the Ashanti, whose numbers of warriors were second only to those of the Zulu if I recall).

I lumped them together if they haven't made an official appearance in Civ games. Morocco, Songhai/Mali, Ethiopia, and Zulus are kept as separate choices.

As for Native Americans, I'm not too hopeful there'll be two North Amerindian Civs in the first expansion.
Polls based on civs rather than leaders were done about 6 months ago (broken down by region, because the list gets very long very fast, unless you use blob categories that are enormous beyond the point of being useful). Between that and the still ongoing elimination thread, its probably a bit soon for another set of civ polls.

As far as the leader polls are concerned, I wonder if it would be possible/a good idea to consolidate them into a "sub-sub forum" so that they can be appropriately broken down without crowding everything else out of Ideas and Suggestions, but that's presumably a question for a moderator.

I'm not thinking about multiple polls based on region. Only one single poll for choosing nine Civs for the first expansion.

I lumped them together if they haven't made an official appearance in Civ games. Morocco, Songhai/Mali, Ethiopia, and Zulus are kept as separate choices.

As for Native Americans, I'm not too hopeful there'll be two North Amerindian Civs in the first expansion.

I'm not thinking about multiple polls based on region. Only one single poll for choosing nine Civs for the first expansion.

Given that the current game has 10 and a half civs from Europe and zero from pre-Columbian North America, I don't think adding two civs from that continent, or even three would be at all out of line in a 9 civ expansion. Whether it happens or not, it's certainly a possibility people should be able to indicate support for (Similarly, many people might like to see two entirely new African civs).

The issue with a single poll, is that it requires lumping civs enough that they lose most of their meaning, even ignoring the options that are literally entire continents. Lumping Israel with Phoenicia and Yemen, for instance, sidesteps all sorts of individual debates, and I don't think there's any any correlation at all between wanting Afghanistan as a civ and wanting Sri Lanka.

Top Bottom