Polls with Images

topsecret

Believer
Supporter
Hello,
I was wondering if it would be possible to add images to polls. Sometimes it is helpful to be able to "pin" a photo at the top of each page, so I was wondering if there is a way to add images to polls here. Xenoforum has the capability according to Google, so I just wanted to ask in case that is possible to add.

Thanks,
Topsecret

Hello,
I was wondering if it would be possible to add images to polls. Sometimes it is helpful to be able to "pin" a photo at the top of each page, so I was wondering if there is a way to add images to polls here. Xenoforum has the capability according to Google, so I just wanted to ask in case that is possible to add.

Thanks,
Topsecret
Add me to the list of people who would like to include images in polls.

I realize the primary argument against it is that it would be "cluttered". Well, if you limit the size of the image, it shouldn't be a problem. I remember when I could include smileys in poll choices (vBulletin allowed that). That would be ideal, as they are small and would not distort the poll on anyone's screen.

Let's all bug Thunderfall and his Council of Admins to add that feature!

Let's all bugmake a polite request of Thunderfall and his Council of Admins to add that feature!
Fixed that. ;)

I've found that when asking for changes here, whether it's a new smiley or two or how many words/characters we can put in our posts or how many poll options we can have, it helps to be polite and explain the pros and benefits of such a change and promising that we won't abuse it. :yup:

This is why I suggested small ones, like smileys. Large ones would be a problem, as I noticed over at the Star Trek forum when it was still using vBulletin and allowed images in the polls for the avatar contests. The images were large enough to confuse people so they weren't quite sure which one they were voting for. But small ones weren't a problem as they fit into the line of text in the poll options.

It's been two months. Could an admin please address this? @Petek?

Top Bottom