pollution bug delayed to FT 76

Rabbit_Frank

Chieftain
Emperor Level - Earth

I know i've seen higher scores...why i'm posting this is because oddly the pollution-bug did hit till FT. I have no idea why.

If we could find out why the pollution bug appears at variable FT levels, maybe we can find a way to extend it further.

1666455067144.png
I

Search for 'pollution bug nailed' in the forum search for details. It's the difficulty level. And perhaps the number of starting techs.

Could you share the game files to play it?
I'm playing jn rhe browser and arent sure where they are kept.

I've always been suspicious of the vague 'existing pollution is reduced'.so i maxed out hydro plants. only 18 cities in the europe/asia continent were near rivers or built on mountains. The Americas have the hoover dam.

1666458257960.png

1666457881941.png

1666458318378.png

Search for 'pollution bug nailed' in the forum search for details. It's the difficulty level. And perhaps the number of starting techs.
I have read and understand that post fully.
1666458632055.png
My pollution, im this game didnt start till ft 76. in every other game ive built it comes at FT64. The only thing i tbink i did different was build hydro plants.
I wonder if more cities had hydro power could the massive pollution be delayed indefnately.

I wonder if more cities had hydro power could the massive pollution be delayed indefnately.
Probably not. It would theoretically only affect the probability of pollution in the cities with plants. BTW, nuclear plants have the same pollution reducing effect as hydro. Also, someone in that thread posted a patch/hack that apparently fixes this bug. Did you try that?

is playing with the browser, you can't apply the famous patch, the pity is that you can't get the game save files either.

At the very end, it all depends on how rand() function works with non-positive arguments. I don't understand Civ 1 random funciton well, maybe in some cases, with some seeds, it returns some ok values from some negative arguments.

I opened a saved game just before i launched, deleted all hydro plants and the hoover dam and a few mass transits in smaller cities and the pollution still came at FT76.

Top Bottom