1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pollution clean up and city management

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Sumorex, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Sumorex

Sumorex Warlord

Maybe I"m missing an obviously easy solution to the occassional outbreak of pollution, but after a weekend of cleaning up 3 to 5 pollution for 100+ turns while milking out the end of a game, my eyeballs and fingers ache.

Is there a way to force the city which produced the pollution to reclaim the square after the pollution is cleaned up?

Cleaning it up by hand and reassigning the tile to the city that caused it is irritating to say the least. The alternative of putting workers on automatic clean up leaves something to be desired in trying to find the city thats missing the tile (ex: this weekend's game of 500+ cities).

2. stevenx

stevenx Chieftain

Sumorex,
    during my current game, i already have 100+ cities... mostly i let the governor handles the city for me, once u clean up the pollution, the governor would use the cleaned tile again... there are a few options for governor setting, u might want to try experimenting with them... happy playing... :)

3. Galcador

Galcador Chieftain

If the governor is managing moods he will reclaim the square.

The downside is he won't aim for WLTKD and he gets to choose which tiles to work if the city isn't maxed-out.

Pretty useful in maxed-out cities, though.