PolyCast Christmas Special 2010: "Here Comes Civ Clause"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
So be good for Civness sake. The 2010 PolyCast Christmas Special is now netcasting. "Here Comes Civ Clause" features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Lisa "qnl" Bang.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 03m03s | Infinite City Sprawl (I.C.S.)
Ranking I.C.S. combating systems in the Civilization series to date.
- 09m39s | Social Policies
Delving deep into CivV's Social Policies by Era: Ancient, Classical (16m58s), Medieval (20m21s), Renaissance (25m50s), and Industrial (27m37s).
- 36m16s | Improvements
The most common CivV terrain improvements.
- 38m12s | Highlights
Highlights of the year, and looking ahead to the next, in the Civ community -- official, critical and fan-based -- as well as that of the show itself.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
A breaking of one's own rule, leading to a gift that keeps on giving.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; it has one more episode to be released as its season finale. Sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution. All three shows have been renewed for a return to production in 2011 which are to be its fifth, fourth and third seasons respectively.

Merry christmas ! :)

Allways nice with an extra cristmas gift in the pod.

An interesting feature on ICS. I do like these "historical" views across the different civ versions.
I don't agree with Philip though, that Civ IVs city distance model is to complicated, making it inferior to Civ V being simpler and easier to learn. I think the complexity of the Civ IV model makes is more interesting. One of the greatest aspects about Civ is to learn all these complexities through hard labor.

Merry christmas ! :)
And to you, and a Happy New Year.

Allways nice with an extra cristmas gift in the pod.
:)

An interesting feature on ICS. I do like these "historical" views across the different civ versions.
This was something that had only been discussed in passing on the show before, and never all 'together'.

I complained about a previous Christmas special which included too much fluff content for my taste-- so I wanted to say thanks for keeping the crunch in this year's special.

Keep up the crunch and minimize the fluff (i.e. no repeat of episode 100) in 2011!

I complained about a previous Christmas special which included too much fluff content for my taste-- so I wanted to say thanks for keeping the crunch in this year's special.
:) -- glad you liked it.

The previous Christmas special I believe you are referring to is that from two years ago. Last year's was more Civ gaming content focused than that, and this year's again even more so (if for no other reason than being ~55% longer).

Keep up the crunch and minimize the fluff (i.e. no repeat of episode 100) in 2011!
Episode 100's focus was definitely an exceptional circumstance.

There actually was some crazy racist, ultra nationalist group in Australia that wanted to shift the capital to Alice Springs, near Uluru (called Ayers Rock in teh podcast)

Episode 100's focus was definitely an exceptional circumstance.

I appreciate you were trying to do something different. Of course, polycast had the excellent Civ5 interview about the same time as episode 100, so I can forgive the chaos of 100.

There actually was some crazy racist, ultra nationalist group in Australia that wanted to shift the capital to Alice Springs, near Uluru (called Ayers Rock in teh podcast)
Oh -- who was it that referred to "Ayers Rock" on this special?

I appreciate you were trying to do something different.

Of course, polycast had the excellent Civ5 interview
:king:

about the same time as episode 100, so I can forgive the chaos of 100.
:D

Top Bottom