1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyCast Episode 105: "Off-Kilter"

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by DanQ, Nov 27, 2010.

1. DanQ

DanQ Owner, Civilized Communication

Out of order. The one-hundred-and-fourth episode of PolyCast, "Off-Kilter", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Lisa "qnl" Bang with returning guest co-hosts Bruce "Beta" Hynes and Methos.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 03m39s | Senate
    Delaying using the Caste System civic, and the viability of Catapult Rushes, in Civilization IV.
    - 12m18s | Forum Talk
    Arguing barbarians are boring, why bother annexing any captured city[/url], and are you happy with $5US for individual Downloadable Content (DLC) offerings, all in Civilization V.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Archers taking cities in CivV, a highlight of using English properly in Civ forums, somehow relating the launch of CivV to that of Fallout: New Vegas, influencing end results of CivV Research Agreements, how not to avoid complying with a request, and male brain translations.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution.

As always, enjoy. :cool:

2. Tatran

Tatran Deity

The fact that 2k and Firaxis haven't made a decision about allowing future DLC mods (like the Babylon mod) or not, is worrisome.

3. DanQ

I remain hopeful that 2K will make this decision sooner still rather than later. (Firaxis does certainly have input, but as a subsidiary of 2K will have to follow their ultimate direction.)

4. b.orchid

b.orchid Chieftain

great podcast guys, as always :)

5. DanQ

Thank you kindly. :king:

6. Troninator

Troninator Chieftain

good podcast, keep up the great work

7. DanQ

Thanks to you as well. :)

To you and b.orchid: are you new/returning listeners to the show? Casual/regular?

8. b.orchid

b.orchid Chieftain

I discovered polycast through this site only about a month or so ago, so yes fairly new listener. But really enjoying it.. now going through the back catalogue! :) After a long hiatus I returned to playing Civ iv again earlier this year once I heard Civ 5 was coming out, and now am playing both as much as humanly possible around my real life commitments... trying slowly to increase my difficulty level so very interested in other players strategies and tactics.

So consider me a new regular :goodjob:

9. DanQ

:beer:

Out of curiosity, are you going through the catalogue reverse chronologically? In whole or in part?

:)

10. b.orchid

b.orchid Chieftain

In reverse order and in whole. So I'm backwards.. but thorough! :lol:

11. DanQ

:D -- fair enough!