PolyCast Episode 126: "Dividing by Zero"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Interpreting results. The one-hundred-and-twenty-sixth episode of PolyCast, "Dividing by Zero", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua" and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with returning guest co-host Alexander "Alexander" Strub and first-time guest co-host Eddy "CivBattle"; it has a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m48s | Senate
In the first cluster of four-topic Civilization V strategy, moving from a starting Settler position), the importance of rivers for cities (07m49s, when to prioritize a Granary city improvement build (09m05s), and if and when to build on top of a resource (16m53s).
In the second cluster dealing with being denounced, how to get other civs to like you (23m48s), avoiding the "warmongering menace to the world" label (27m09s), and if selling 'lost cause' cities is a good idea (38m22s).
- 42m53s | Miscellaneous
An extension of CivV diplomacy on blending Alpha Centauri's Planetary Council mechanics into the mix, and why so many City States want to see others dead.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Analytical forces, deep thoughts, personal data exploitation, welcoming financial donations to the show (actually, seriously) and spousal conspiracies.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

You know, I relaly like the show and all, but these news posts would be much better if they actually had a direct link to it somewhere. You basically link everything, except the show itself (or maybe I'm just blind)

You know, I relaly like the show and all,
:)

but these news posts would be much better if they actually had a direct link to it somewhere. You basically link everything, except the show itself (or maybe I'm just blind)
Clicking on the episode title takes to the 'permanent' spot on the show's official website where you can download the episode: direct links to our "standard" (64kbps) and "dial-up" (16kbps) versions, as well as streaming of the "standard" version either through your computer's preferred media player or within your web browser.

Agree with Masnie here. Counted 18 links on this post, one of which goes to the show. Also, Polycast is underlined, which makes me think I should click on that.

Would be great if the link to the show were easier to find.

P.S. You guys rock, great show!!!

Agree with Masnie here. Counted 18 links on this post, one of which goes to the show. Also, Polycast is underlined, which makes me think I should click on that.

Would be great if the link to the show were easier to find.
The word "PolyCast" itself is underlined black like the remainder of the text, as opposed to blue for a link, but I could start having it be a link in both instances -- to the show's official homepage -- while the episode title continues to link to a specific episode. I'd make that change effective the release of the next episode.

P.S. You guys rock, great show!!!
Thank you kindly. :king: Are you a long-time listener? (Same question to you, Masnie.)

Lame end, Dan. Censorship :thumbsdown:
Ah, the last clip from the blooper reel I expect you're referring to. I don't regard the end as "lame", but I'd accept the description of "tease".

:mischief:

Any chance to hear the uncensored version?
A chance, but minimal.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of the episode overall anyway. :D

Top Bottom