1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyCast Episode 138: "That Was All a Lot of Nothing"

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by DanQ, Jan 21, 2012.

1. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

What else is new. The one-hundred-and-thirty-eighth episode of PolyCast, "That Was All a Lot of Nothing", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with returning guest co-host Izzy "Izmir Stinger"; it has a runtime of 59m59s; listeners are encouraged to rate the show on iTunes and follow on Twitter.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m08s | Forum Talk
    Looking back on, and the reaction to, the latest Civilization V patch released just before Christmas 2011.
    - 06m36s | Miscellaneous
    A collective enthuasiam for, concern cast or indifference towards not one but two sequels to XCOM: Enemy Unknown through publisher 2K Games.
    - 11m54s | Senate
    Converting forests into lots and lots of gold in Civilization IV, not wasting worker turns in CivIV and CivV, and getting too close for comfort -- so to speak -- in CivV.
    - 44m10s | Open Mic
    Responding to the call for feedback for the show's fifth season that received fifty-nine responses in total.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Giddiness sourcing, happiness for that which is lacking ever more, and now tweeting.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

2. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Looking forward to listening to this. Great job again. :)

3. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

4. colonelmustard

colonelmustard Chieftain

Sounds like nice feedback for another good season. Keep up the great work!

While there's a case to be made for all the regular co-hosts, it came down to Maki's long-standing and dedicated officiating efforts in the singing enforcement role for me. :band:

5. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

:king:

Thanks, Joel.

:lol:

Sounds like you enjoyed the episode too (pun intended for sure ;)).

6. Thander

Thander Chieftain

In the title you put Polycast 138, but then you say in the description "one-hundred-and-thirty-sixth episode". Is that a mistake or some episodes don't count? I'm new to Polycast.

7. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

:o -- good catch. The description was in error... corrected.

Greetings, new listener. Hope you enjoyed this episode. :)

Out of curiosity, how did you find out about the show? From the news items on CFC or..?

8. Thander

Thander Chieftain

I found it from CFC front page. I may not be exactly new since I have been listening here and there for a few months. I just don't listen regularly and sometimes just listen to one part of the show that interests me.

9. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Fair enough. Appreciate your being a recurring listener!