1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyCast Episode 150: "A Few Words"

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by DanQ, Jul 7, 2012.

1. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

How humble is relative. The one-hundred-and-fiftieth episode of PolyCast, "A Few Words", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Lisa "qnl" Bang with first-time guest co-host Jim "AriochIV" Francis; it has a runtime of 59m59s; listeners are encouraged to rate the show on iTunes and follow on Twitter.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m14s | Forum Talk
    Going from the theory to practice that would be negative traits for leaders in Civilization IV.
    - 11m28s | Senate
    Giving oneself wartime relief in CivIV through technological progression: Code of Laws, Mathematics and Currency, a combination thereof or otherwise.
    - 15m23s | News
    As expected the Civilization V expansion pack Gods & Kings is released, where one fansite is offering reimbursement for its cost for a review of it.
    - 19m08s | Community Focus
    Past, present and possible future for the Analyst Site on Civilization V.
    - 24m29s | Theatre
    The guest and one of the regular panelists give their first impressions of CivV's first expansion: religion and espionage, Artificial Intelligence and Diplomacy (32m41s), and City States (38m13s).
    - 45m48s | Show
    Announcing, and acknowledging, the departure of one of the show's regular co-hosts.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Anticipating hilarity through an automated transcription alternative, emotional combination of components, and vocal encouragement.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

2. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Congrat's On 150 Episodes!!!! :woohoo: :goodjob:

I wonder will sid make it back for the 200th episode ;) :lol:

3. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Thank you kindly. :king:

:D

At current pacing that numbered milestone isn't to be reached until mid-2014(!), but it's closer than the show's start in the fall of '06... :scared: ;)

4. GiuseppeIII

GiuseppeIII The Third Giuseppe

150th episode!!! Good job

5. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Thank you for the acknowledgment and support. :beer:

Out of curiosity, how long have you been a listener to the show and how did you first come across it?

6. blac

blac Chieftain

Hey Dan, congrats on 150 episodes!

I haven't had a chance to listen yet because for some reason iTunes is saying that Polycast isn't available from the Canadian store! What's going on?

7. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Thanks. :cool:

The server that iTunes relies on for PolyCast episode listings is different than our main website. It's still not functioning properly :(, though it's no longer offline. I still expect that this will be resolved, but I have no timeline to provide as I haven't been given one.

8. colonelmustard

colonelmustard Chieftain

Congrats on 150!

And thanks to qnl! Good times all around. :hatsoff:

9. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Thanks, Joel :) -- good to hear from you.

10. thecougarbear

thecougarbear Chieftain

I guess discovering this 150 episodes late is better than never... :crazyeye:

11. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

:D

Hope you enjoy our episodes, specials and the like productions -- recent and not-so-recent. :)