PolyCast Episode 179: "This Strategy is the Superior"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Comparisons count. The one-hundred-and-seventy-ninth episode of PolyCast, "This Strategy is the Superior", is the first of three to be published in as many weeks for the third July in a row. Featuring regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn", it has a runtime of 59m59s. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m48s | Senate
The first of three successive episodes to overview Civilization V: Brave New World, the focus on this first outting is on the Moroccan, Portuguese (07m37s), Shosone (12m38s) and Venetian (19m04s) civilizations, followed by the closely related extensively expanded and revamped Trade Route mechanics and then the new and modified Wonder inclusions of the World/Project, National and Natural varieties.
- 44m46s | Open Mic
Responding to feedback from the most recent and an otherwise recent episode on the show reflecting meaningful answers, topic summaries and fluidity concerns.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Liquid reclamation, giving a fruit and crediting the greater community.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; listeners are encouraged to follow the show on Twitter, and check out the YouTube channel for caption capability. Sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Thanks for another great episode. :)
Thank you kindly. :)

Also, something for you guys to discuss in the next show. =)

New Civ MMO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/07/massively-exclusive-jake-song-introduces-civilization-online/

They tried a Facebook game before, now they are trying a full MMO.
Well, it's a different company with different people and a different outlook... time will tell. You can be certain this is to be discussed on the next episode.

Never interviewed Sid Meier in Polycast? That would be the most interesting thing what could happen in Polycast. If you have done it, I'd like to know which episode it is. I bet that the episode would get 100% more viewers than normal episode- at minimum. I understand that BNW is the topic now but it sucks in my case 'cause I have no interest to hear even a word of Civ V.. :lol:

Never interviewed Sid Meier in Polycast? That would be the most interesting thing what could happen in Polycast. If you have done it, I'd like to know which episode it is. I bet that the episode would get 100% more viewers than normal episode- at minimum. I understand that BNW is the topic now but it sucks in my case 'cause I have no interest to hear even a word of Civ V.. :lol:
Yes, Sid Meier has been interviewed on PolyCast. :) Five years ago he was our guest for our 50th episode. To access, click here.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Will we get more Sid in the future?

Thanks for this. I'm really looking forward to the crew's in-depth analysis of BNW.

Also tell Madjinn to stop trolling us by explaining why we're wrong so succinctly. It's not fair guy!

Thanks for this. I'm really looking forward to the crew's in-depth analysis of BNW.
Welcome :); thank you for the kind words.

Also tell Madjinn to stop trolling us by explaining why we're wrong so succinctly. It's not fair guy!
I think you just did. :D

Here's something else for you guys to talk about. Adam Sessler of Revision3 Games did a half hour interview with Sid Meier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyH24CHTlHA.
I appreciate the referral. As it happens, this was scheduled to be discussed on Episode 180 recording this past Saturday :); however, it was bumped due to runtime on other pressing and more time-sensitive topics. I expect this to be covered on Episode 181 instead.

Top Bottom