1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyCast Episode 223: "Something Something Witty"

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by DanQ, Mar 14, 2015.

1. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Whose line is it anyway? The two-hundred-and-twenty-third episode of PolyCast, "Something Something Witty", features regular co-hosts "Makahlua" and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with returning guest co-hosts Jason "MegaBearsFan" Grade, Trevor "Talcove" Alcove and first-time guest co-host "SemperFi2382". It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m17s | Open Mic
    Responding to recent feedback for Episode 218 is followed doing the same for Episode 222 (07m06s); then, taking a comment from the show's chat room during its live recording (16m06s).
    - 23m45s | Forum Talk
    Considering the inclusion of Natural Wonders in Civilization: Beyond Earth, and to faovur or not to favour uniques in the Civ series in general (30m05s).
    - 36m35s | Research Lab
    The what, where, when, how and why of adding both a Great Bridge and Great Tunnel to Civilization and how the addition of uniques could look in a Civilization VI (43m41s).
    - 49m54s | Miscellaneous
    Going about naming one's cities in Civ and what traits one could find in a civilization based on your hometown (52m32s).

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Who's replacing whom, overextending canals and curious claims.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; listeners are encouraged to follow the show on Twitter, and check out the YouTube channel for caption capability. Sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

2. Acken

Acken Chieftain

Liked it. Guests had a lot to contribute and made a lot of interesting points.

3. megabearsfan

megabearsfan Chieftain

I've made a couple updates to my blog post about the Civ VI ability concepts that is referenced in this episode:
    http://www.megabearsfan.net/post/2015/02/20/Civ-ability-concepts-for-Civ-VI.aspx

It includes concept ideas for a version of Germany that combines the diplomatic powers of Austria (to compliment Greece) and Sweden (from Civ V), and variations of France with a unique "Patron Saint" Prophet that maybe fulfills TheMiInTeams' demand that I give a "carefully detailed breakdown" ;)

4. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Yeah, Trevor especially. Everything he said was just a masterpiece of wisdom and insightful thought. I'd love to just talk to him for hours, whoever he is, that genius. :mischief:

5. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

:)

Maybe Phil meant how the concepts break down full stop? ;)

:hide:

:D

6. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I thought Talcove, SemperFi, and Megapatsfan all did a great job. Sometimes the guest just quietly sits there and doesn't say much unless it's their turn to introduce a new topic. But these guys meshed perfectly with Makky and Phil. They sounded so comfortable, you'd think they had been regular hosts for years.

7. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

I agree that the panel for this episode worked very well together, and your observation above is another testament to that. :) This was MegaBearsFan's third episode as a guest co-host, Talcove's second and SemperFi's first (reference).

8. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Chieftain

Really? That's great.. good job you guys. :goodjob:

9. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

yeah, very good episode. I wish I had more to say, it made my day at work more manageable :D

10. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Link to video.

Yaaaay, I mesh with Makky. :D

11. Sedwick

Sedwick Parent, then Civ'er

Great job, all, and thanks--I feel so honored that my city names thread was mentioned! :D

12. megabearsfan

megabearsfan Chieftain

haha, "Megapatsfan". :)

13. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Oops, that was a typo! :mischief:

14. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

I noticed that as well, but didn't want to comment on it :)

15. megabearsfan

megabearsfan Chieftain

Oh. I had assumed I had been drafted into the ranks of Patriots fans LoL.

16. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Glad you enjoyed the listen. :)

You are welcome, and thank you for starting the thread in the first place to discuss.