1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyCast Episode 266: "Explode with Information Overload"

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by DanQ, Oct 8, 2016.

1. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Brace yourselves. The two-hundred-and-sixty-sixth episode of PolyCast, "Explode with Information Overload", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua" and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with returning guest co-hosts Brian "Drusain", Rubin "Rubin" Datalinks and Lotfi "ZTZaorish" Kerzabi. It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m57s | News
    One, two, three "First Look" videos for Civilization VI: first is Rome, second is Sumeria (11m22s) and third is Arabia (18m11s); then, some about combat and much about growth from the latest livestream on the game by developer Firaxis Games (25m22s).
    - 49m07s | Miscellaneous
    The fifth Civ installment finds itself placed as a "top" videogame that "rewrote history", according to one media content producer.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Boxed, musical overture, so "anticipated and victory deviation.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Uberfrog, Cyberian and Abraxis like this.
  2. Miravlix

Miravlix Chieftain

Ouch, all the let's plays released really messed with the relevance of this polycast.

3. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Yes when news is emerging so quickly from an increasing number of sources now with respect to CivVI, this close to its release no less, the week delay between recording and release is a partial issue. That said I feel this episode retains relevance as there are our takes on what had emerged in terms of information, as well as keeping in mind that anything that is revealed on a "Let's Play" too is on a game in development still. Have you listened to the episode yet?

If nothing else though, we also entertain and that's evergreen. :)

Uberfrog likes this.
  4. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

To me what was oddest was some of the theorizing on Rome on the first look portion that was proved wrong by the developers live stream that was also covered in this podcast. (Example that Legions can't build roads; but can only build (a) fort each.) That got confirmed by the swarm of twitch a week ago Thursday.
    In addition it turned out that a luxury doesn't get split 2/1/1 if you have three cities, but the 4th was simply lost in that case.

Sumeria & Arabia fared much better, by not having been included in the press release builds.

5. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

We do our best to ensure that all information we present is correct, given the sources available to us at the time made available to us. Yes, we incorrectly stated that Roman Legions cannot construct Roads and only Forts when in fact it's both: we missed that clarification. On behalf of the panel, our apologies for that. I have not come across anything else we stated that was incorrect. The luxury clarification was revealed from subsequent press build info after this episode's recording, was it? What part of the theorizing presented in our discussion of Rome was incorrect, Jon?

Hope you enjoyed the listen nonetheless.

6. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    PolyCast is ALWAYS relevant, love listening to you guys!

7. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Thank you kindly. :)

Based on your previous posts here on CFC citing the show, you've been listening for a few years at least. On behalf of myself and my fellow regular panelists, we like learning the duration of our listeners' engagement as well gauging their total number.

8. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

I would like to hear what TheMeInTeam has to say about the new war weariness mechanic. I've heard him say many times it's much easier to just take cities than plant your own. Of course it depends on how potent the effects are, but having non-native cites suffer more war weariness would seem to call for a change in strategy for warmongers.