1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyCast Episode 275: "More Perfect"

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by DanQ, Feb 25, 2017.

1. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Always the optimists. The two-hundred-and-seventy-fifth episode of PolyCast, "More Perfect", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with returning guest co-host Scott "AlphaShard" Dirk. It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m44s | Senate
    A complete and detailed account, and consideration, of Civilization VI's terrain improvements and resources is followed by an equally comprehensive rundown of its Wonders, World and Natural (23m15s).
    - 50m10s | News
    The "Explorer Pack - Signature Edition" for CivVI was released with limited availability, questionable quality and a peculiar piece of missing content.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Believing in miracles and trolling backfire.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Uberfrog likes this.
  2. drubell

drubell Chieftain

I'm offsite so I can't check this at the moment, but I assume you meant to write VI?

3. Haggbart

Haggbart Chieftain

Since natural wonders were specifically mentioned, and there are none in cIV, I'd say that is given :)

4. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Pardon the typo -- yes, CivVI's improvements! Thanks for the heads-up.

5. Karmah

Karmah Chieftain Supporter

I don't know if it is just me, but I can't access the polycast homepage, I keep getting kicked out after 2s.Its a shame since I have 3 episodes to listen to, I was happily expecting some good polycast time on my way to work.

6. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

possibly just your interwebs or something.

I can get to it just fine.

7. Hail

Hail Satan's minion

I cannot access the polycast homepage as well. Firefox is unable to estalish a connection.

I listen to polycast from here. you are welcome.

so what?

thepolycast.net resolves to 50.63.202.10, however firexfox is unable to connect.

the dns servers I use:
    Spoiler :
    2017-03-01_15-52-44.png

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  8. Karmah

Karmah Chieftain Supporter

Thank you for taking the time to reply. After a test at work, I realized it was indeed just me. I silenced Avast and it worked just fine.
    As to why Avast decided to go for a stealthy block, I have no clue, but it is both annoying and bad policy but that's out of topic.

Tldr it works now.