PolyCast Episode 283: "Organically Sourced Empires"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Raising world consciousness. The two-hundred-and-eighty-third episode of PolyCast, "Organically Sourced Empires", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with returning guest co-host Jason "MegaBearsFan" Grade. It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m23s | Forum Talk
Adding new districts to the mix in Civilization VI garners some attention.
- 17m40s | Miscellaneous
From perennial frustrations with the Civ series to suggestions to address them, much is considered.
- 55m10s | News
Expressing dissatisfaction with the ongoing lack of cross-platform Civilization VI multiplay leads to an unexpected reference to the release timeline of the game's next Downloadable Content (DLC).

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Misunderstanding muse, audible prompting and not knowing of what is said.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Another great show. Loved all the discussion around ways to improve CiVI, hopefully the devs, listened and maybe implement a few of the great ideas.

Regarding cross-platform multiplayer, AspyrWoo subsequently edited his Steam Discussion post, removing any mention of the next DLC or July. Also, Aspyr reps haven't posted anything there since. So, I'm guessing the whip has been cracked.

Another great show.
Thank you kindly. :)

Loved all the discussion around ways to improve CiVI, hopefully the devs, listened and maybe implement a few of the great ideas.
Cheers to that!

Regarding cross-platform multiplayer, AspyrWoo subsequently edited his Steam Discussion post, removing any mention of the next DLC or July.
It was for that edit (in part) that I linked to a screenshot of how the comment originally appeared. :D

Also, Aspyr reps haven't posted anything there since. So, I'm guessing the whip has been cracked.
I concur.

This was one of my favorite episodes in a while. The guest co-host was great and there were a ton of good ideas on how to balance the game and improve the AI. I very much prefer this style vs going thru civ strengths and weaknesses. Looking forward to the next one!

You did skip Japan on me! whyyyyyyyyy

In our most recent dance-off, Dan got "served". The resulting debate over whether the "folded steel" is a legitimate dance move spilled over into the topic list discussion, and amid arguments over how the AI should handle game interactions and whether getting "served" met the standards required of a victory condition the bid for including Japan in this episode was defeated. The subsequent failure of Dan to sufficiently execute the folded-steel "GG rush" made it into more of a "good game crawl" was further accentuated by the fact that the "A... game" finished twice as quickly with fewer players and more opponents...all while mostly utilizing the factually alternative technique of "surround and pound" and a greater, more effective emphasis on the equine.

I liked the guest co-host quite a bit. A lot of concrete details in this episode. Approved.

Dan's not allowed to dance. He's Canadian. Mackie barely allows him to sing.

Maki still hasn't won the sing-off (I AM UNDEFEATED SO FAR) (record: 0-0), so she doesn't get to decide. I did not listen to excuses as to why Dan got served. It's not my fault if he can't properly keep the timing correct in the Viennese Waltz.

I liked the guest co-host quite a bit. A lot of concrete details in this episode. Approved.
This was one of my favorite episodes in a while. The guest co-host was great and there were a ton of good ideas on how to balance the game and improve the AI.
Glad you enjoyed the listen, gents, and thank you for the kind words all around.

I very much prefer this style vs going thru civ strengths and weaknesses. Looking forward to the next one!
Episode 284 recorded yesterday has a mix of forum-rooted discussion and civ-specific strategies, and I expect this to remain in some proportion following post-production. In reviewing PolyCast's annual year-end surveys going back to 2011, this combination is almost exclusively represented in the top two preferred segments for inclusion. On behalf of the show's regular panel, we appreciate indications that help us to better understand this preference.

Top Bottom