1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyCast Episode 290: "Milk Out of the Fridge"

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by DanQ, Sep 23, 2017.

1. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

it would if gold didn't cover almost everything that production is used for; Ie, only districts and wonders can't be bought with gold.

So the 'tight supply' concept would make production more scarce, but it doesn't make that scarce resource more valuable when you're swimming in sources of gold.

2. kaspergm

kaspergm Warlord

Well I think that argument can go both ways. What is (surplus) gold being used for? Buying buildings or units. But you can also use extra production to build those buildings and units. Plus you can use production to build districts and wonders. Certainly, gold has the power of instantly buying things, and gold can also be used in trades, but as long as I have a fair income of gold secured through commercial hubs and policy cards, I just don't see a lot of incentive for using my trade routes as international routes, when I can make domestic ones that give me production at a rate that seems roughly 1:1 for the gold value of the international ones AND at the same time gives me food which will make my cities grow faster.